cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check -- gone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm currently working with SAP PI 7.11 (EhP1 included) and I need to configure a sender file channel.

This channel must wait to get the file until it's fully written on disk.

In the past, I worked with SAP XI 3.0 and PI 7.0 and there was a feature which can be used ("Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check"). But this feature seems to be disappeared now?

Please advice.

Thanks a lot!

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution has been found...

Go to System --> Status --> Other kernel info.

Check the value for "Sup.Pkg lvl". Currently we are on 44, but will soon upgrade to 65.

This should solve the unavailability of the parameter specified.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Help says its still available for NFS (and not for FCC):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/682bcd7f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I double-checked and I can tell it's not there anymore. This is what I also found in different threads on SDN.

Some people opened an OSS call, but unfortunately they did not post the result on SDN.

Kind regards

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the advanced tab in file adapter(sender). Therein a check-box named Advanced Mode appears. Cheking that populates this field Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Am using the same version as yours and can see it still there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I take the "Advanced" tab and next "Advanced Mode" I see "Additional Parameters".

Within these aditional parameters, the only field I can fill in is "Maximum File Size (bytes". That's it.

I can also add parameter names and values, but the field "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" is not there...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In one of the [threads |] Prateek says the above option is not available in PI7.1 .... but when i check it in my server I can see the option for FILE channel .... so what might have happened is that this option is not available for the iinitial SP level of PI7.1 or 7.11 ..... if you are also on the initial SP level of 7.11 then try upgrading to a higher available SP (if client/ organization allows) ..... may be Soumen Das can tell you which SP he is on (for SAP PI7.1 Ehp1 ).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I open my Integration Builder --> Administration, I see:

Make Release: NW711_03_REL

SP Stack Number: 03

is this SPS too low?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find out that. It exists in PI7.1 SP9, but not in PI7.0 SP19. very interesting.