cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI exits for accounting entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

Currently after SO and DO is completed a accounting entry will be created.

This can be viewed at VA03/VL03N display document flow.

Example : AFter SO the user will create a DO.

AFter that the user will go again to VA03 to view the accounting flow.

My task is need to control the accounting document after DOPGI is been saved.

By default it is taking to the FB03.

What are the exits can be used to control the accounting document.

What is the field name can be used for the exits.

So sorry i am not a SD consultant but i am a ABAPER. That is reason i done have much idea on SD.

Thank you in advanced.

regards.

mrsaravannan....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to genrate accounting document after PGI,

use OVZG

Select u r requirement class >>> Details >>> Account asignment & Valuation it must be blank

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exact goods movement happens only after you do the PGI.

So, the stock gets reduced once you do PGI.

Hence the accounting entries are happening and it doesnt make sense to control the creation of Accounting Document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP2020,

So in this case it is not possible.

But is there any chances to do it via exits...

Thank you very much.

regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My task is need to control the accounting document after DOPGI is been saved.

What are the exits can be used to control the accounting document.

If your issue is only to restrict viewing the accounting document via document flow or accounting document itself should not be generated once PGI is done ??

If the requirement is to restrict view, may be you can try with user exit but if the requirement is accounting document should not be generated, then no it is not at all recommended to do so.

Answer my question - when you try to reduce the inventory via PGI, the inventory value from accounting table should reduce or not ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi .

I am really happy to see your reply.

Basically once the PGI is done accounting entry is getting created in fb03.

But in some case my company users want the G/L code to be a different code.

This is due to come extra condition which i think cannot be configured via SPRO.

The user want a different G/L to be selected.

Yes during the PGI the stock get reduce.

If there is a user exit to change the G/L can you please advice me.

Thank you very much,

regards,

s.saravannan.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Go to VKOA tcode and then select your Table and for your combination you can see two G/L Account No. fields. There you can give your second G/L account.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But in some case my company users want the G/L code to be a different code.
This is due to come extra condition which i think cannot be configured via SPRO.

The standard movement type for PGI is 601 and in case of consignment fillup, it will be 631. Control of inventory postings against these movement types are in OMJJ and OBYC.

May be you have to do some major exercise in case, the situation warrants. Following is my proposal in case you desperately need it.

1) Go to OMJJ, select movement type 601 and execute. Copy this movement type and save.

2) Go to VOV6, select the existing schedule line category and copy this also.

3) Select the newly created schedule line category and assign the newly created movement type

4) Assign this new schedule line category to your item category

5) Ensure that item category is assigned to your order type in VOV4

6) Go to OBYC, select Transaction Type GBB and maintain the alternate G/L Account here.

Now try to create a sale order, delivery and PGI. Post the feedback in case you tried this option and faced any constraints.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I'm Saravanan's colleagues. He request me do testing on this. well let me explain more on this requirement so that you will get a glance idea on our issue.

Exp: customer - EP-ZSB277

Stor. loc : 10TP

Stock available : 10 pcs (t/code: MMBE)

Material : 3100010223 & moving average price (MAP) RM10/pc

1. SO : ZEI1 (SRS)

- qty: 1pc

- outbound delivery : YEI1

- billing : XEI1

- movement type : 631

- material movement : 10TP qty 9pcs (stock reduce) & customer consignment stock EP-ZSB277 qty 1pc (stock increase)

• since this is online business, user do Billing once customer place the order BUT that material still at our premises under special stock (customer consignment stock, NOT at stor. loc. 10TP) until sufficient stock to make delivery

2. SO : ZEF1 (replenishment)

- qty: 1pc

- outbound delivery : YEF1

- NO billing

- movement type : 633

- material movement : customer consignment stock qty 0pc (stock out from location) & NO effect at stor. loc. 10TP

• user will do ZEF1 & YEF1 when delivery to customer taking place (stock out will happen in system)

So far I managed to do all these settings & all are work fine unlikely COGS.

- COGS happen during YEF1, NOT at YEI1. Honestly I didn't do any settings against this COGS for eSP process so I don't know how this happen & how to change this. In fact I'm wonder how to make this settings in SD modules.

- user said this is wrong coz SRS & replenishment is not happen in same day

Exp: ZEI1 (SRS) today but ZEF1 (replenishment) happen at next month. Before ZEF1 for 3100010223 material to EP-ZSB277 customer, there are high possibilities that 3100010223 sell to other customer & this caused to COGS can be differ.

Now we are seeking your help how may we set COGS to YEI1 & cancel COGS at YEF1. Please assist me. TQ

rgds,

nema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir/Mdm,

To explain more on this issue, we also try to customize this movement in order to control the COGS.

We created few settings such;

SO type: ZEI1

1. OMJJ

- create new goods movement 631 = Z31 (copy from 631)

- account grouping for Z31

u2013 GBB (trans. Event. Key)

u2013 Z31 (acct. modifier)

2. Schedule line

- Y6

- tag movement type Z31

- this use at SO type ZEI1

3. OBYC - transaction GBB

- c/code 3100

u2013 general modification Z31

u2013 valuation class 7920 (base on material master)

u2013 set g/l acc

SO type: ZEF1

1. OMJJ

- create new goods movement 633 = Z33 (copy from 633)

- account grouping for Z33

u2013 GBB (trans. Event key)

u2013 Z33 (acct. modifier)

2. Schedule line

- C4

- tag movement type Z33

- this use at SO type ZEF1

3. OBYC

- transaction GBB

- NO g/l acct set against acct. modifier Z33

Now I create SO ZEI1 & outbound delivery YEI1

Material document 4900349811 does not include an accounting document

Message no. M7082

Diagnosis

The system cannot find an accounting document for the material document 4900349811.

Possible reasons for this are:

The goods movement has no relevance to accounting. Therefore, the system did not generate an accounting document for the material document.

The material document is a document that was posted before Release 2.1. Such documents must be converted so that the system can find the relevant accounting document.

The procedure for the subsequent calculation of value is not active in your system. For further information, refer to the documentation on the program for valuating goods movements: RM07MWBU.

Procedure

Choose Continue and then choose another function.

Find out when the material document was created. If the document was created prior to the Release changeover, ask your system administrator to carry out the conversion of the documents. The individual steps required for document conversion are described in the Release Notes for Release 2.1B.

Please giude us. TQ

rgds,

nema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The movement type 631 is for consignment Fill-up, which will transfer your WH stock to Customer stock(View report MB58). Here the stock will remain within the company itself, so no accounting entry will happen for this.

For 601 mvmt type you need to make the configuration against valuation class and transaction type GBB in T-code OBYC.

Rgds, Krishan Raheja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

This is consignment process sir. I wonder if we use movement type 601, means system do not deduct goods from our stor. loc. & transferred to customer location. There would be no material traceability. That's why we use consignment process with movement type 631 (consignment SO) & 633 (replenishment SO). For your kind info this is Multilevel Marketing (MLM) company where stock accumulation & later delivered to customer so we use consignment SO process.

1st SO (consignment SO) & outbound delivery will deduct stock from stor. loc. & transferred to customer loc. As SAP standard NO Billing take place here & also NO accounting entry for this material movement. BUT we customize to make it Billing effective for consignment SO BUT we are unable make accounting entry for material movement during PGI.

2nd SO (replenishment SO) & outbound delivery, system will deduct stock from customer (no changes at stor. loc.) & as SAP standard accounting entry effective upon PGI. As the same time as standard consignment SO process Billing should define at this stage BUT we cancel it & define at 1st SO.

Now we are struggling to cancel accounting entry that created during PGI in 2nd SO process and make accounting entry for PGI in 1st SO process. Please guide us GURU.

rgds,

nema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Do you have any idea. TQ

rgds,

nema

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if we use movement type 601, means system do not 
     deduct goods from our stor. loc

No you are wrong. System will reduce the inventory in your system.

There would be no material traceability.

In sales concept, once a billing document is generated, the responsibility ceases from seller.

BUT we customize to make it Billing effective for consignment SO 
   BUT we are unable make accounting entry for material movement during PGI.

Because the stock would still be lying in that company code only and hence, accounting document cannot be generated for a movement type 631

Now we are struggling to cancel accounting entry that created during PGI in 2nd SO

The only option is to reverse the delivery via VL09 so that the corresponding accounting document would also be reversed

Last but not least, if you can explain the exact scenario for which, you were trying to configure, perhaps, I can assist you in a better way. This is also due to the fact that all the above explanations are not clear as to what is the scenario !!!!!!!

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanking in advance for your kind help. Let me explain well about our issue here.

This is MLM company currently extend their business in online (internet) call as e-business (eSP). Customer need to buy certain qty/amount online in order to get get bonus, points, free delivery in a month. Therefore customer may buy few times in a month to complete the requirement. So our user wanted to keep track on all this sells in SAP. The best we could think is SO consignment process.

Why we think so because;

- SO fill up & outbound delivery (DO consignment fill up) will deduct stock from our own location & the stock will transfer to customer location. this will help us keep tract how much stock we hold at customer location for calculation bonus, rewards, points & free delivery.

- SO issue & outbound delivery (DO issue) will deduct stock from customer location. From here we know that the stock already delivered to customer.

BILLING

- As std. consignment process material document upon PGI & Billing happen at SO issue process because stock out from our plant.

BUT here user request to make Billing happen at SO fill up due to customer already paid via c/card during purchase from us. Therefore we managed to change settings that we make it Billing happen at SO fill up. Unlikely accounting document unable to create upon PGI fill up. It only happen at PGI issue. This caused accounting entry getting wrong & user claim that SO fill up, PGI fill up & SO issue, PGI issue may not happen in same month. This caused to P&L report & Dr/Cr entry incorrect.

To rectifies this issue, accounting entry upon PGI should happen at outbound delivery fill up (SO fill up process) & cancel the accounting entry that created for PGI in outbound delivery issue (SO issue process). I hope this would help you understand our business process.

TQ

rgds,

nema