cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system name conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are performing a logical system name conversion of a client and its taking long time due to huge DB Tables like COEP.

Is there any process to speed it up ? Also what will be the consequences if Consutants workin the Other clients of the same system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahgu

LS conversions is a lengthy process and takes long time. Normally in huge tables it might take days togather.

Important thing is while running BDLS if you have selected cross-client tables then you should NOT al;low any user to work in any of the clients.

Else if you have selected client specific tables then users can work in other but current clients

Regards

Ravinder Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i have run the report in Clnt 100 and there are clnt 200 and 300 as well in the system. Do i need to run this report in these clients as well? am looking for some procedures as such linked to post processing of BDLSS report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Plz check note-121163

Regards,

Bapujee Naidu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

yes there is a process to speed it up. Just look at Note 932032.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I know i am very late ,i am sure by now u might got rid of the problem too.

whenever u run bdls jobs first we have to run the test run then the actual run.

This is key it will help.

Regards

vk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Please close the thread if you got your answers.

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its better not to let anyone work on the system during conversion....1 it will slow u down

2. It might create more problems

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendran,

what problems would it create ? i am looking for some specific ones as i too would know that if a user works during the process the database tables which are getting updated with a new logical name would get corrupted and there is a possible chance that the table for eg VBRK woiuld be having a few entries with the old LS name. But my thoughts were in this direction. This report first converts the table T000 and then TBLST from where the MANDT and LOGSYS gets picked up many times. if they are converted every new entry which is entered will be having the new name and the old names are under the process. so how risk is it ? to allow a user to work is what i am looking for. This might be putting a test to SAP code but i am looking for this test as analysing this report would help us in many ways. you must be knowing that this report may run upto weeks, we had this experience in the last client copy and i am trying to check on this reports behaviour.