cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delegation of BP/Message processor for service desk message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How do you i perform the delegation of service desk messages in solution manager ?

Message processor will assign the messages to some other person before he/she goes on leave but what will happen to the newly assigned messages? (Processor is auto determined)

Is there any process thorough which message processor will assign substiute for a particular period ?

(like we normally do in R3 for processing workitems)

I tried to search the forum with the substitute or delegation word but was unable find the relevant thread. So posting a new thread.

Best regards,

Vinod.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

yes it is possible goto solman_workcenter

and incident management

on the left side choose the my subsititue (Unders Common tasks) and period for the leave or unavailable

all the messages then transfeered to the new person even it is new message which is posted goes to this person

Hope query solved

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I found this but does it works with the service desk messages ?

Or incident is nothing but the service desk message ?

I am really sorry if i am asking a silly question but i am very much new to solution manager.

Yesterday my dev system was refreshed so couldn't try this and also work center setup is incomplete.

I shall check within few days and then can confirm the same.

regards,

Vinod

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi digesh,

Service desk and incident management are the same

Yes it is an old functionality and even was working earlier than workcenter

if ur workcenter is not workign no issues just goto BP for the person and then click tab relationships

now choose is replaced by and then bp for the new person who is replacing.

and similarly check or maintain REPLACES old person BP in the relationship tab of bp of the new person.

This is the idea and crux of ur solution which uses BP Relationship functionality

Hope ur prb is solved completely now

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for delay is replying to your reply.

Now my solman is up and i can see the relationships tab and can assign the user.

Many thanks for your inputs.

Best Regards,

Vinod.

Answers (0)