cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Long text gets disturbed while Adobe Form generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I have developed Adobe Form for PM work Orders (IW32) printing using Code u2018SFPu2019. The Order Contains order Long Text or Operation Long Text.

In my case the user maintains some table like structure in the Long text .e.g. ( Here the tab means the actual space and the text length can vary. So basically he will draw a table cells one below another by adjusting tab's)

Text 2 Tab Tab |___|___|

Te TabTab Tab |___|___|

I am reading this using READ_TEXT and it gets perfectly read.( I mean the tab positions will be intact. Also it will remain intact by the time ADS will get called)

When i submit this for generating Adobe Form the formatting of the tab positions gets disturbed and it prints something like

Text 2 |___|___|

Te |___|___|

How to keep the Tab positions intact while printing the Adobe Form? For SAP script printing it comes perfectly but for Adobe form printing it gets disturbed. Any idea how to handle this situation?

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

VenuAnumayam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have to develop a new custom Adobe Form for IW32. I am developing that using SFP. However how to configure it to IW32?

Please let me know . Thanks.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep, when you post a question following a related question ( in forum ), please think to make a reference to it so that people can view answers and thoughts in this first thread.

Thanks

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratultations! Please share your solution with us! Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3267703

kindly find my issue, do the needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

REsolved the issue

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, You can try:)) I have never tried.

Try cl_abap_char_utilities constants and pass them into the form and use the floating values (in the static text) to put that into the string. Or use it in some JS concatenation. Or maybe there is some JS tab constant? I don´t know:))

Please provide us with the result of your test:)) Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue!!

Pradeep

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

here: we discuss some texts problems/ solutions which you may have not tried. Maybe you can find a work-around.

If I have a problem with some formats in the Adobe form, I try to adapt the form structure so the problem does not appear or use string operations, values concatenation etc. in scripting to adapt the texts.

However, some things cannot be done yet.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks Otto & Chintan,

What i was thinking is whether it is possible to replace the ABAP TAB spacing ( i.e. ,, ) with corresponding tab character through Javascript/FormCalc for the text field.

Any Idea ?

Pradeep

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be not possible. SAP Quote for Text Module:-

The following are supported with restrictions:

Tabulators, but not for aligning fields within texts

● SAP characters, but not SAP icons, for example

Refer documentation here --> [Entering Text Module Properties|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/6bb9357a2e4e919bc80232938eb3b7/content.htm]

Chintan