cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I am new to BO, my requirement is this, i have universe and need to analyse on this universe. Could you please help me what are the points to be taken while analysing the existing developed universe ORELSE please guide to how to do the analysis on existing universe. That could be helpful to start my project.

Thanks in Advance.

-Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Actually i have a universe file. i need to analyse the universe and prepare the technical details document for the same. So as i like told earlier, what are all the points to be observe whie analysing the universe.

Thanks,

Vijay

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

a good way to document a universe file is to use the 'print' function which gives details on the content

Open your Universe in Universe Designer

Choose Tools/Options and go to the Print/PDF tab

Check ALL items in the window

Click APPLY and close the windows

Now go to File/Print or FIle/Print Preview.

Hope this info helps

Regards

PPaolo

Edited by: Pierpaolo Vezzosi on Jan 11, 2010 2:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Main points to be noted in universe analysis is can no tables used. objects, joins used and their cardinalities, loops and how they are covered using either alias or contexts, all this info you can get from universe parameters -> summary or give aprint out of the universe in pdf format.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

your question is not clear.

What do you mean by 'analyze a Universe' ? A Universe is 'just' a business interface to an underlying data source.

Do you mean that you want to analyze some data source onto which a Universe has been created?

In this case you can check this link where you can find tutorials on how to create a Universe and how to create reports (i.e. analyze data) with WebIntelligence on the Universe.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/webi?rid=/webcontent/uuid/20c3f6f2-2672-2b10-0494-eb4d421fb4af [original link is broken]

Hope that it helps

Regards

PPaolo