cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Long Text gets disturbed during Adobe form Printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I have developed Adobe Form for PM work Orders (IW32) printing using Code u2018SFPu2019. The Order Contains order Long Text or Operation Long Text.

In my case the user maintains some table like structure in the Long text .e.g. ( Here the tab means the actual space and the text length can vary. So basically he will draw a table cells one below another by adjusting tab's)

Text 2 Tab Tab |___|___|

Te TabTab Tab |___|___|

I am reading this using READ_TEXT and it gets perfectly read.( I mean the tab positions will be intact. Also it will remain intact by the time ADS will get called)

When i submit this for generating Adobe Form the formatting of the tab positions gets disturbed and it prints something like

Text 2 |___|___|

Te |___|___|

How to keep the Tab positions intact while printing the Adobe Form? For SAP script printing it comes perfectly but for Adobe form printing it gets disturbed. Any idea how to handle this situation?

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved !!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's so great, I'm so pleased for you. And would you mind share? (give a feedback, as forum rules say)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tough request!

You have to calculate the widths of texts so that to determine to which tab position refers each tab character.

You might print the sapscript to OTF format, and read the OTF to get the exact positions (based on top left border of the page).

But now comes the second big issue: how to position a text in Adobe form at a dynamic position. That, I don't know. You might ask a question about this 2nd issue in forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra,

I will try OTF Option and will check if it helps!!

What i was thinking is whether it is possible to replace the ABAP TAB spacing ( i.e. ,, ) with corresponding tab character through Javascript/FormCalc for the text field.

Any Idea ?

Pradeep