cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of Service Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I Want to know what's the differences between Exactly Once、Exactly Once in order、Best effort .

now i have a scenorio, i want xi to transfer file one by one(just one is finished and another start), if someone is error,i also hope the next file will be transferd,which one should i choose in Exactly Once、Exactly Once in order、Best effort .

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I Want to know what's the differences between Exactly Once、Exactly Once in order、Best effort .

As then name suggest EO is used for transferring the content exactly once, if a failure happened while the first transfer it will again transfer it until it is success....

EOIO mode will transfer the content in an order, so if a failure in first transfer happens all the remaining contents get jammed in the queue (until the first transfer is successful)

BE is used for synchronous scenarios where it will transfer the content and will wait for its response...

Check the help.sap link for more information on these..

>>now i have a scenorio, i want xi to transfer file one by one(just one is finished and another start), if someone is error,i also hope the next file will be transferd,which one should i choose in Exactly Once、Exactly Once in order、Best effort .

use exactly once..

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN this case you can go for Exactly once....which is for asynchronous...

if you want to next file transfer to interupt when there is a failure in the first transfer then go for Exactly Once in Order...name itself gives you info in Order.....which is applicable for asynchronous too...in this case you need to clear the first transfer..ile to correct the failover transfer to process the next one...

Search SDN if need more details

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh

when i use Exactly Once in Order to transfer file ,if occurs errors, i should to resolve the error,and then the next file could be transfered,

but now ,if error occurs , i still want the next file couled be transfered even though i didn't resolve the error.

i want the files to be transfered one by one NOT together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh

could i use BE to transfer the files . it's Synchronous

Once a message has been processed in the target system it performs an implicit database commit,and then the next file could be transfered,

if error occurs ,it'll not performs an implicit database commit,could the next file be transfered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes your understanding of EOIO is correct and for your scenario you can use Exactly once... as the target application only does database commit if it is sucess..but does not return response to the PI system..

so in this case you have to use EO only...not BE ..it is BE if need to receive the response from the target and update the same to sender... its always better to go for asynchronous...if possible...

Hope this clears you...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BE wont support this....in normal flow....for the QoS BE you need to implement a BPM which will success fully end the process if the updating fails.

What is your target? Is it file system or DB? If FILE then BE cannot be used.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

could you tell me how to use BE .

BE (Best Effort):

The message is sent synchronously. The sender waits for a response before it continues processing.

if receiver is right,it will sent a response to sender, but if receiver occurs a error,will it still sent a response to sender?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>could you tell me how to use BE .

Before this make sure both your sender and receiver channel support this QoS. Check this page :http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Also tell us what sender and receiver adapter you are using?

>>The message is sent synchronously. The sender waits for a response before it continues processing.

Ideally yes, but only for that instance. Suppose first message is sent to receiver the instance for first message will wait for response. In the mean time the second message can be sent and a new instance will be created... So all messages are sent in a parallel fashion and each one will have its own instance

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

sender : file

receiver : abap proxy

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have file adapter in sender side then you need to do a Workaround to achieve the synchronous scenario functionality. Because as such the File adapter is asynchronous in nature. For an example you can see this wiki page http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without+BPM%29

But if you concern is that all messages should reach ECC (through proxy) and the order in which they reach ECC is of no importance then use EO as Quality of Service in File sender adapter

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I Want to know what's the differences between Exactly Onceu3001Exactly Once in orderu3001Best effort .

Search SDN with keywords "Quality of Service"

if someone is error,i also hope the next file will be transferd,

Quality of Service may not guarantee you this type of functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly refer below links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/b714fe5ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/content.htm

/people/sunil.ojha5/blog/2008/02/20/rfc-quota-part-3

Thanks

Amit

Edited by: AmitSri on Jan 8, 2010 6:16 AM