cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when processing web service call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Based on a requirement, I got a URL based on WSDL, using which I created a Consumer Proxy in SAP.

I created a Logical Port in SOA Manager with type selected as 'WSDL', and didnot gave any authentication id or password in it.

When I'm trying to execute the proxy class to call the webservice using the logical port, it is asking me a prompt for Userid and Password, and when I press enter, it is throwing an error log as stated below.

SOAP:1,007 SRT: Unsupported xstream found: ("HTTP Code 401 : Unauthorized")

(Error when calling SOAP Runtime functions).

I think I configured the Logical port incorrectly. Is there any specific setting that I missed, I dont know.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks,

Mallik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unsupported xstream found: ("HTTP Code 401 : Unauthorized")

Unsupported xstream means response received from service provider (host) is NOT in valid xml format (usually HTML). You will see this type of error when host or service you are trying to call return HTML (error pages etc).

HTTP Code 401 : Unauthorized : Clearly means that user/password for service provider is incorrect

[Click here|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes] to understand all HTTP code

I am closing this thread, if you have any question post new question in forum.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This error means that the user or the password set in the Logical Port are wrong. Please verify the user name and the password.

If the user is correct then please check if the user is locked on provider system and unlock it via su01.

Best Regards,

Desislava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

I am facing the same problem. Can you please explain me how you resolved this issue?

Regards,

Sruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i'm facing the same problem.

Did you solve it?

I can't consume web service from sap, but if i try to connect out of sap, i don't have any problem.

Thanks in advance.