cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Automatically Create Planned Orders When Sales Order Is Saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a MTO sceanrio where we need to create planned orders when sales orders are saved without running MRP.

I have the Planning Strategy Group set to 81 in the material master, but it didnt create the planned orders.

Could you tell me other settings I should review to make the planned orders create automatically?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member270407
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Tony Norman,

basicaly, you can run mrp from workflow when you save an customer order.

best regards,

former_member207763
Participant
0 Kudos

Tony,

At the "Requir. Classes" (OVZG) customizing screen, field "Automatic start of make-to-order in background mode" affects the automatic planning. See fields help doc. below.

If you select this indicator, the system automatically carries out

single-item, multi-level planning for a sales order if a sales order

item is either created or changed.

This function can only be used for make-to-order production.

So check out the Req. Cl that yr Req. type (req. type is part of a strategy).

BR,

Elly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my understandinf there no any way to create plan order after save of sales order.

Withour MRP, it is not possible.

Correct if I wrong.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

At one time we had this configured to automatically create planned orders in a test client, but lost it during a client copy, so I know it will work. The schedule line category J4 - AFS MTO val W/O CO was used in the sales order along with Stratey Group 81-Assembly processing with planned orders in the material master. There must be some additional setup needed. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though i never used strategy 81 with AFS but a suggestion

What is the requirement type and class .

It should be KMSE.

Check in sales order whether its the same.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal, thanks for the reply. That is correct, it is set to Requirements Type KSME (Assembly Planned Order), Requirements Class 200 (Assembly: Planned Orders). Any other ideas?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it is set to Requirements Type KSME

Yes it is correct. Apart from this, first check what schedule line category is flowing in sale order. Next go to VOV6, select that schedule line category and execute. There maintain tick against the box "Availability".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The schedule line category is flowing to the sales order fine. I checked VOV6 and the Availability box was not checked. I placed a tick against the Availabilty field and created another sales order, but no planned orders were created. Any other ideas?