cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS: Locking users in all clinets of Receiver System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Taking outage on Development system during week day is a bit hard, what are the chances of performing Data Transfer phase with out locking users in other clients. Is it manadatory to lock users in other clients of receiver system while the data transfer is goingon?

At our company DEV 100 is development client and DEV 040 is unit test client and I am trying to refresh DEV 900 from production using TDMS(Time Based). So during Data Transfer phase do I need to lock users in all other clients(100 & 040)? Locking users in client 900 is possible any time but locking users in other development clients is possible only during weekend.

If anyone had go through similar landscape or experienced similar issue please let me know ASAP.

Edited by: Seshu Enturi on Jan 7, 2010 3:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, its better that all the users in all clients are locked but pratically it is not possible.

We also have multi-client RECEIVER system and I always proceed without locking the users in other clients. I do not find any major issues.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP recommendation, all users should be locked in all clients in receiver system. If you will not lock all users then you will not face some major problems but sometimes you can get data inconsistency in receiver system.

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Jan 8, 2010 6:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

in case of multi-clients, as per my understanding the deletion of ONLY client specific entries will be done. The tool will not used DROP and Insert method which can caused the inconsistency in receiver system as you mentioned above due to not locking of users in other clients.

Regards , Santosh

Edited by: Santosh Adsul on Jan 20, 2010 10:40 AM