cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM PDS with Overlapping operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO Guru's,

Has anybody come across on creation of CTM PDS with overlapping operations?

We have a requirement where we have 5 operations/phases in our Master Recipe and have defined a Start-Start relationship between operations, with an offset.

We have activated an BADi /SAPAPO/CURTO_CREATE, to create a CTM PDS while CIFing PPDS PDS. CTM PDS gets created but without any activities.

Could anyone provide any insights on how to handle this situation?

With Regards,

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Where you able to find solution to your problem. Following is the issue that I am facing

We are having two operations 010 and 020 in a routing and we want to schedule both the operations at the same time and not in sequence. I believe that we can use the "required overlap functionality" in the routings for the parallel scheduling of the two operations.

After setting the overlap functionality when I trying to run SAP_PP_002 the operations in the PPDS order are being scheduled in sequence. In addition, the PPDS PDS also shows an End- start in the activity relationship (I don't know if this makes any difference)

Could one of the experts please let me know what are the settings in PPDS that you used to run the two sequential operations in parallel in APO?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

I have worked on PDS CTM. Could you please confirm the resourse details in R/3 system .

Specifically please ensure that capacity & scheduling view apprppriate formulaes are specified againest eact activity

If problem still persists, please let us know

Thanks,

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks for responding.

What exactly are you looking for in the Resources?

The PPDS PDS works fine and calculates all the capacities correctly. But CTM PDS does not have any activities if there are overlapping operations in the Recipe with Start-Start relationship.

If i remove all the operations and just lave one operation in the recipe, then activities are created in CTM PDS. But thats not the way PPDS should work.

Do you mean to say that we should only have one operation in the recipe with Bottleneck resource?

Thanks again in advance for providing insights.

Regards,

Mangesh