cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we use MSHOST instead of ASHOST in JCO Block xMII 11.5?

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

Our SAP configuration has changed, and we are being told that we need to use MSHOST instead of ASHOST. Can someone tell us how we can do this in the JCO block? The error we are getting when I try to do a Get List:

(xxxx is there to replace servernames)

Fatal Error: JCOProxy error: Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed

Connect_PM

GWHOST=xxxxx, GWSERV=xxxxx, ASHOST=xxxxx, SYSNR=11

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host xxxx/xxxxx

ERROR Gateway not connected to local R/3

Release 700

Component SAP-Gateway

Version 2

RC 726

Module gwr3cpic.c

Line 5609

Counter 18

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

Salvatore,

I understand we can create a custom block to do what we are asking; however, I do not see any examples of creating a custom block in the SDN. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Todd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

You have a fairly comprehensive guide on how to write custom action block for 11.5 in the wiki,

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/Customization

Cheers,

Arnaud

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

We can ping the servers just fine from our xMII server.

We contacted SAP support, and their response is that the JCO block in xMII 11.5 does not support load balancing, so we cannot use MSHOST. With xMII 12.x, you can use JRA connection instead of JCO to make the MSHOST connection.

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

We tried using IP, and we get the same error. Any other ideas? If not, we'll have to post a message to SAP support.

0 Kudos

Todd,

Just for kicks can you Remote Desktop onto the MII server and try to ping both your MS and AS hosts? Then I would try to verify that the communication port is actually open across the network, a quick and dirty method is to from the Command Prompt of the MII server use the telnet command:

telnet server port

If the screen goes blank then you will know that the port traffic is acceptable between the servers, otherwise you will get a connection error message back and you can blame the firewall for the issue.

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd,

It might be a nameserver problem. Use diffrent name of the server(if it has) or try to give IP insted of the name.

-Suresh