cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct ship from vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Expert

We are having an SAP functional requirement from our client and trying to find best solution.

Requirement

The Direct-Ship from Vendor process requires the receiving plant to be re-determined late in the process i.e. after the GI of the part.

Process

One repairable machine part has been sent to vendor from Plant A against Outside repair order using subcontracting process. To send the part to Vendor, outbound delivery (Using TC ADSUBCON) has been created against ORO.

Once the part is ready with Vendor, Plant A checks that which Plant in network need the part most and instruct vendor to send the part directly to that plant say Plant B.

Vendor will send part to Plant B and Plant B will do GR.

The Problem

Plant B needs to do good receipt (GR) against same purchase order (ORO/PO) but to make it happen delivery plant in PO need to be changed to Plant B from Plant A before GR can happen in Plant B.

Problem is that after creating an outbound delivery (while sending part to Vendor from Plant A) with reference to an ORO, the plant can no longer be changed in the PO/ORO since field is not editable. Since Plant can not be changed in existing PO hence Plant B can not do GR.

I request all SAP experts to suggest best possible solution to meet client requirement.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand your problem is that you:

- want to supply the component for subcon-PO from plantA

- you want to receive the goods from subcontractor in plantB

So, there's a supplyin and a receiving plant in the subcontracting process.

A) Dummy solution

0. Subcon PO is created for plantB

1. You can provide the components via MB1B / ME2O w/o reference to any PO from plantA

2. You can transfer the speciel stock at subcontractor from plantA to plantB via MB1B301"O"

3. Post GR with reference to the PO

B) Advanced soltuion - subcontracting and MRP area

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c4/106953ae8a11d1a6720000e83235d4/frameset.htm

(I haven't checked it now...but maybe it is possible to send the goods via STO from plantA to plantB's subcon MRP area.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba

Thanks for the reply.

In our problem, plant B is dynamic menas at time of PO creation from Plant A you dont know which plant this material will be sent. Once part is ready with Vendor, Plant A inform vendor to send material to any Plant out of Network. At this moment, this new plant should be reflected in SAP so that MRP is also consistent.