cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block batch on Expiry without QM Active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we block a batch stock which has expired automatically via standard TCode when QM is inactive i.e can't use QA07.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why can't you use QA07?

Leave the recurring inspection section blank, (i.e. inital run in days = null).

In the batch status change section enter in the number of days to expiration, you must enter a value here of 1 or more. Make sure the "Block Batch" indicator is ticked on.

Execute the program. Any materials in UR should be moved to blocked stock if you don't use batch status. If you use batch status the materals will be marked as restricted.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig/Prenra

Thanks for the replys

since the materials are batch managed the staus of the batch would change which i don't want for 2 reasons the primary being Mvmnt type 341 and 342 are inactive for the plant and can't give access to users for MSC2N transaction.Hence was looking for some other Tcode.

Regards

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. No other transaction that I can suggest.

You can look at a couple of things.

1) Check to see if you can can deactivate batch status. Just because you are batch managed doesn't mean you have to have batch status active. If you turn that off in config, the batches will go to blocked stock.

2) Get the material into inspection lots (09) prior to it becoming expired. The lab people can then ether inspect the material and extend the shelf life or they can simply process them as rejected and post them to blocked stock with unrestricted batch status. A tech or lab manager could probably reject and block a dozen batches in 10-15 minutes. Is that worth a ton of development?

3) When you consider development, consider a program to look at restricted stock and expiration dates and have the batch program move the material to blocked stock nightly. Then you can use the standard SAP program as is, followed up by your own program. Your own program will then only have to look at a handful of batches on a nightly basis hopefully.

4) Get the business to figure out how to reduce expired material. No expired material, no issue. If the volue is low enough, then you can have manual procedures around it. I.e. have the lab managers or someone with access to MSC2n make the necessary moves when needed. With proper planning, and properly setting shelf lifes, expired material should be able to be kept to a minimum.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Dear All,

This is not posiblle to block batch at expiry date using QA07 without insp type 09 assigned in material master. This is weekness of SAP, because in case of materials not controled by QM, but with expiry date entered during GR this functionality should exist. This batches are ommited normaly by SAP. I had to write ABAP based on FM BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE . Program is working as job by night.

Wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello lucky,

Via Standard Tcode it is not possible to block a batch if you dont want to use QA07 ,

for this you need ABAP developement which unable you to block perticular batch automatically whcih has less expiry date..

Rgards

Prenra

Former Member
0 Kudos

again program will run automatically in background