cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org values in dervied roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are 4 plants and hence we have 4 derived role for one master role, in one of the plant, Orglevel field for example Warehouse number / warehouse complex ( $LGNUM) is not maintian ( not used by this plant ) and instead of leaving blank k, can I give @ value in LGNUM field for one of the plant as they are not using this field.

Other plant has some values like 284, 361, 366, 364

My question : What will happen if we give @ value in the org field - if the org filed is not maintianed ( not in use for this plant)

Thanks

Damodar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember some SPACE checks in the past, but a DUMMY is more popular now.

Try ''' (3 x ' ). Someone showed it to me once and for the limited use of derived roles which I find, it works fine. You can also search for it in SUIM (but not in google...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar,

What will happen if we give @ value in the org field - if the org filed is not maintianed ( not in use for this plant)

Does the field LGNUM accepts value "@" ?? Can you do F4 and check the available values for that field..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay,

Some one in the past gave value @ in the existing role and now I like to see what are the pros -cons for that

Damodar

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I click on F4 - I see the values for plant which are maintian in dervied roles

The org vlaue for this plant is not devloped - as they are not using it.

My quesiton is : in this scenerio what value we can give

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will cause no harm to leave it blank if you are not using that field.

Edited by: Alex Ayers on Jan 7, 2010 6:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

You mean to leave blank in the field org and deactivate the auth object

if we do not deactivate the object , the role will be RED ( saying no org vlaue maintian)

Damodar

Former Member
0 Kudos

<answer deleted>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 7, 2010 9:35 PM

I didnt read the question properly.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar,

No, I mean that it is fine to leave it blank. The red status is to tell you that there is an org level missing. If you leave it blank or enter an arbitrary non-relevant value, the outcome is the same.

How you tidy up the roles is up to you but it illustrates that all lights being green in a role does not necessarily mean it will work better than one with no values at all.

If you are comfortable that @ is not a valid warehouse value (your func team will confirm, alternatively have a look in the IMG) then you can use that. The important thing is that it is not value that has any significance and your use of it is properly documented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar,

If you don't want to keep the value blank in derived role then use null (u201Cu201D) value in organizational unit of derived roles.

And no plant value contain this type of character. Use this and test the role.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

using ("") has no significance over and about using a character like @ for example (which it appears is the solution they are using now).