cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional and Technical Administration Roles in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

A big company has been implementing new functionality in Solution Manager during the last couple of years, they started with System Monitoring and EWA, Maintenance Optimizar, then Project Implementation, now Service Desk and ChaRM. This is company has a wide open structure in IT and a discussion has been raised about who is the owner of soluton manager in IT.

In my experience I always propose two main roles one is Technical Administrator Role and the other is Functional Administrator role. The former is more basis oriented, in charge of the installation and update of stacks in Solman, basic-initial configuration and then working mainly in setting Solutions, RFCs, System Monitoring, EWA, SAP services, OSS connections, Diagnostic, E2E Root Cause Analysis and also support in ChaRM (in setting up the transport routes, security)

On the other hand, I support a role of SolMan Functional Administrator which deals with Implemenation side, ASAP methodologies, business process definition, integration with ARIS, setting up project standards, coaching Project Managers, ensuring good application information. Also in Service Desk and ChaRM, setting the process, customizing, implementing and controlling that things are running smooth in SolMan productive.

I would like to get from you your inputs and experiences regarding how to set-up those roles, whether there are clear lines to divide responsiblities or what kind of definitions should be made.

Many thanks

Esteban Hartzstein

Director

Tebyon Consulting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As recommended by some colleagues I am also investigating Customer Center of Excelence as a reference to define roles and responsibilities, particularly in the concept of Application Lifecycle Management.

Any other input is welcome.

Regards

Esteban