Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Load Balancing error

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to setup Logon Load Balancing for our ERP system, I have setup the logon groups in TX SMLG, the landscape consists of DB server app1 and app2, I have created a logon group for app1 and logon group for app2, I have then created a new system entry in the SAP Logon Pad under Group/Server Selection, here I have a problem in that when I enter the message server I get a message saying Error: hostname <message server> unknown, however when I enter the ip address for the message server I get the list of logon groups appear, however, I have entered the sapmsS02 3600/tcp setting within the services file, I have also added the ipaddress and the hostname of the message server into the hosts file, but I still cannot get the hostname to work within the message server. When I test the logon I get the error message Logon Balancing Error 88: Cannot connect to message server (rc=9), I have searched the net and most people just suggest entering the details into the services file and host file, also a sap note which suggests issues within the registry for Microsft MSN which I have checked and still have the same issue.

Does anyone have anymore ideas as to what this could be or what to try next?

Thanks for your help

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

It is not the service that can not be resolved, that is translated into an IP address, but the hostname. It depends on your system and the way in which it does hostname resolution, whether the hosts file will be used at all. So please check with the keyword 'hostname resolution' on how to set this up on your landscape.

Best Regards,

Tim

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

check and x-check your services file

this note can help:

Note 52959 - sapms..., sapdp.., sapgw.. unknown (or not found)

also check this note:

Note 882741 - SAP Logon: "Logon balancing error", service 'sap...' unknown

it's indeed a registry key that can be skrewed up ( I had this problem 5 years ago after installing MSN)