cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom action block for printing

0 Kudos

We're in the process of developping a custom action block for printing. It will consist in two input parameters (file and printer name) with the task to send the file and the printer name to the windows spooler system.

We wonder what are the possibility for priniting error monitoring. We are aware that there might be two types of errors: printer errors (such as missing paper) and printing error (for instance : 'document was not printed because printer was unavailable'). We would like to get the second information as an output of the custom action block. This information comes from the spooler system but we are not sure how we can get it out of the spooler system and transmit it to the MII custom action block. Any idea/experience on that?

Aymeric

Edited by: AYMERIC DE L'HERMUZIERE on Jan 7, 2010 4:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this on 11.5 and 12.0 and I think you can only get whatever exceptions get thrown when invoking the print. It works fine for print on demand but not what I would consider enterprise printing.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Thanks. Exception thrown when invoking the printing is a start, but how can I receive it? I could'nt find any java command to get those... Also any suggestion for a real 'enterprise printing' solution with MII?

Regards,

Aymeric

Former Member
0 Kudos
try {
 ..print stuff ...
} catch (Exception e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
}

Bartender works well for label printing.

0 Kudos

Thanks again. We are thinking of using a VB program PRNJOBS.VBS into our java development in order to get the image of the job list of the spooler.

Regards,

Aymeric

Answers (0)