cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDX2 Communication Error - Problem with only 1 IDoc Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to import metadata via IDX2. All IDoc types have imported succesfully, except DELVRY03.

I get a message saying "Communication Error" Message #: IDOC_METADATA407.

I have tried DELVRY01 and it imports fine. But, DELVRY02 and DELVRY03 both give the "Communication Error" messages.

Any ideas why this one particular type will not import? Settings/logon have not changed.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, Update... I think I may be on to something here...

All checks in WE30 return okay.

I debugged the IDX2 program, error is occuring in the 'IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE' function call. It is returning with message: 'Structure of segment E1EDD10 is unknown'. Did search on this in OSS and found note #491264 -- Output of IDoc DELVRY02/DELVRY03 does not work

Symptom

You want to display IDoc DELVRYnn (nn = 02,03), SHPMNTnn (nn = 03,04,05), or PLNSHPnn (nn = 01) via the IDoc documentation transactions. The sys

Comment: This relates only to the display of the IDOC structure. The IDocs work for the data exchange.

Still working through the note to see if this will fix the issue, but I just tried to import in SHPMNT03 and I get the same error.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy Stauffer,

If you can't import an IDOC metadata, it maybe caused by errors on a segments. You can check the IDOC via we30 and press F9 (check).

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Ricardo.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also make sure that, all the segments are released ..

Also check the user id/password is given correct while importing.

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

are you sure DELVRY02 and DELVRY03 exist on the r3 system?

you can also check if those idocs were released:

TCODE- WE30 put DELVRY02 or DELVRY03 and shift + f7

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>