cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform - not able to find from where the text is printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

there is a text of 3 lines getting printed on the ordr acknowledgement printout . checked all the text modules and the smartfome nodes but not abel to find out from where the text is coming up

i have to make chnages in that text and not able to do .

please help ,

joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph

Maybe it is an include text in your smartform and you could not find it directly written in the form.

It will have some input fields there

Text Name: .....

Text Object:.....

Text ID:.........

Language:.............

These are texts that are added via transaction SO10.Here you can take the name,id,language from smartforms and find that text there.

Seba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO 10 for create Text id , name , object and language..

Once u created text id in that text id u have to mentioned whatever details u want for the partcular id..

then u can use it in smart forms like Goto- text elements- change editor-insert-text id..

U ll get Include statement.then u can see in forms that text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Thanks for the reply.

I am really frustrated looking from where the text is appearing in the order ack. i checked the entire smartform . it is just 3-4 include text left that i am not able to decode what they are printing.

They are like as follows:-

text name : &IS_VBDKA-TDNAME&

text object : VBBK

text id : Y009

language : &IS_NAST-SPRAS&

Now if i go to SO10 , then i do not get the option of text object , so i am not able to find what it is printing .

Also is there any way if i debugg the smartform i can trace from where the text is coming . plz help it has been a long time with the same issue .

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes,you cannot find it,because this &IS_VBDKA-TDNAME& is a variable that contains the name of the standard text.

Try to debug the smartform and see what value is contained in this variable.That name ,togheter with all the other informations should allow you to see the message.

To debug a smartform,just right click on your window and then create->flow logic->program lines

and afterwards just write inside:

break-point.

Now when you will issue the message,it will stop in this place,and you can write the name of the variable in debugger

is_vbdka-tdname

and you will see the name of the standard text.

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

i tried to debugg but it does not help.

i am still at the same issue ..........cant trace from where the text is appearing in the order ack printout .

joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

did you manage to find out what name is contained in that field?If yes please tell me,and i will tell you exact what you have to write in SO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ,

when i write is_vbdka-tdname in the debugger it gives me the sales order number of the document from which i try to print the order ack

joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case i think this is a text contained in this order.To see this texts,you can open your order(where you see all the informations on the order number) and then

either

goto->header->texts and there you must see you text somewhere in the left side of the screen and the description on the right side

or

goto->item->texts

it depends if the text is maintained in the header or at item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks seba for helping me so far . the text i am talking about is not the text that is written during creation of sales order but it is like a format of the order acknowledgement printout that after grand total there will be a text which gives warning like "these materials should be used only at home and under supervison etc.........."

can i email you ,

joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did not quite understand what you mean,but if that text is called like thatin the smartform,it should be found in the order as i explained above.

You can write your problem here in this thread so that everyone else will see the solution for you problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks seba for helping me so far .

I found out now . the text is a header text from sales order under commercial use but it is hard coded in the configuration so the same text appears in all order acknowledgement .

do you know where in IMG , this configuration of header text is done .

thanks once again

joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

There are 2 ways to see them:

Transaction SPRO ->Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Text Control->Define Text Types and here you have Sales Document Header or Item

or

Transaction XD03 ->enter the Customer Number and then in the upper menu Extras->Texts

I hope it is one of these

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

U can find the Text in SE75.

SE75-> to create  your own Text ID's and Text Objects.

regards,

Shivakrishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First identify in which window the text is printing by using form window. Then you can easily identify how the test is priting by checking each and every node. ( Definately there might be include text node or text module/ text node which is displaying text)

Regards,

Aswini Sammeta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

thanks for the reply . i have identified the window and the node ...the text that gets printed is a footer text that is printed in invoice after total like a guranteee.

it is a include text , but how do i check what is displayed because when i go to SO10 , there i am getting the option only for

text

text id

language

minimum hits

whereas in the smartform , the include text has

text

text object

text id

language

So when i try to check the text from SO10 , i dont get anything .

How do i make text object appear in the SO10 .

Any help people .

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You wont find these text in SO10. Generally thesr texts will be maintained by functional people. If possible ask your functional team where there are maintaining those while creating documents(which you are issuing printout). From there you can edit the text.

Hope this gives you some idea.

Regards,

Aswini Sammeta