cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistence Layer Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When do we use Persistence Layer Analysis ? How do we decide on the retention period ? Should we keep this Current Fill Level in % at a particular percentage ?

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Please refer my Blog & Wiki that talks about Archive/Delete (Persistency Layer Analysis).

/people/chandra.kanimenisp4z121a122b/blog/2009/12/16/pi-archiving-and-delete

I hope this help you.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar

I read your blog. I must say its lovely, well written and helped me a lot.

I read that archived messages will also be deleted by the report RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES . If that's the case then how can we get information when we do Performance Monitoring in RWB for a longer period. Or is it that only the payload will be deleted and rest info will not be deleted by this report ?

Again I have seen in one of the discussions about a lakh messages been send at a time. So will the master table SXMSPMAST be able to hold these many messages ? What will happen if the interface transfers more messages than that can be held in the Table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

I am glad that my blog has helped you to understand.

In regards your queries, YES when archive/delete is in place certainly the messages gets delete/archive according to your configuration. But only Archived messages you are still retrive to monitor (if situration demands) using 'retrive archived message' option available with trasanction 'sxmb_moni'.

master table SXMSPMAST, YES its capable of storing messages and there is way to control the content in this table using the feature called 'switch procedure' this enables the make use of 'copy table' by dropping the original table and vice-versa.

Please refer below URL that talks about 'Swiche Procedure' and also when you get into transaction 'sxmb_adm' - choose 'configuring delete swtich procedure' and click on 'help' button that elobarate the detailed info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope this helps you to understand the concept.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sekhar for your time and help

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do we decide on the retention period ?

Retention period is set for the archiving job.deafult is 30 days u can change it as for the business needs.

When do we use Persistence Layer Analysis ?

Persistence Layer Analysis gives u the detailed information about the table in which ur messages are sitting

the number of current messages and max can go into the table.

when u activate the switch procedure in sxmb_adm. it will create one more table called SXMSPMAST2.

you also have to set this parameter DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD after activating.

eg: if you set DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD = 50 the table will switch from SXMSPMAST to SXMSPMAST2 when it reaches the

50% and vice versa.

Note: when u activate the switch procedure it uses more resources in database.

Should we keep this Current Fill Level in % at a particular percentage ?

No,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The persistence layer analysis is used to monitor switch delete job when the parameetr DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD is used.

The persistence layer analysis gives the information about the current fill level and max number of table entries.The deletion job runs based on %fill values defined in DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD parameter.

Refer Note#Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 - for more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarjuna

I checked this thread but didn't get much clue about that.

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

For documentation on switch deletion procedure for persistence layer-

Go to SXMB_ADM -> Configure Delete procedure ->Click Information tab (Ctrl+F1)