cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbmcli archive_stage with backint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the archive_stage functionnality through the backint interface to transfer the autolog to netbackup server.

When doing this, dbmcli call backint sequentially for each file it founds. Is it possible to do that in parallel or to force dbmcli to start one backint for multiple files.

Thanks for advice

Kdrgds

Francois

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

that is a problem in our architecture because for each file, backint creates 2 jobs in the netbackup server. (one for the file, a second for the history of the backup). That means a lot of overhead and a lot of backup jobs in the netbackup server. And we cannot take advantage of multiplexing on the backup server and streaming capabilities....

I don't know if you are involved in the development but are there some plan to have such a functionnality (for instance, getting a backup id and a sub-id from the backint interface). This functionnality exists on oracle backint...

What about the possibility to do some parallel jobs? I mean dmcli calling at the same moment a backint for log_001, another backint for log_002 and so on....

Kdrgds

François

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> that is a problem in our architecture because for each file, backint creates 2 jobs in the netbackup server. (one for the file, a second for the history of the backup). That means a lot of overhead and a lot of backup jobs in the netbackup server. And we cannot take advantage of multiplexing on the backup server and streaming capabilities....

>

> I don't know if you are involved in the development but are there some plan to have such a functionnality (for instance, getting a backup id and a sub-id from the backint interface). This functionnality exists on oracle backint...

No, I'm not involved in development ('just' primary support...).

Anyhow, where did you find that backint supports sub-ids for backups?

What I know about this is that backint can take a list of backup files to be handled together with one backup action.

I'm not aware of any implementation plans of this for MaxDB,

> What about the possibility to do some parallel jobs? I mean dmcli calling at the same moment a backint for log_001, another backint for log_002 and so on....

Nope - for archive_stage there is no parallel option.

Sorry, but right now I don't see a way to improve this with your external backup tool.

regards,

Lars

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am using the archive_stage functionnality through the backint interface to transfer the autolog to netbackup server.

> When doing this, dbmcli call backint sequentially for each file it founds. Is it possible to do that in parallel or to force dbmcli to start one backint for multiple files.

No this is not possible.

Since we need to get a backup ID for each log-backup saved, but the backint interface can only returns one such backup id, backint needs to be called for each file separately.

regards,

Lars