cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable SAP Calendar Synchronization Add-In

Former Member

HI All

We've been given an SAP package (7.10) by our head office to deploy to 500 PC's. However, after installing on a few machines I've discovered that it creates an add-in in Outlook. I've searched through the forums and found some threads asking if it's possible to remove it, but nobody seems to have an answer. Either way, I don't have access to NwSapSetup (we just get the a script from head office with no way to customize it).

I'd be quiet happy with just disabling the add-in ... but alas, after 4 hours of searching I can't find the registry key !! It's not in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins or in the same key under HKCU.

I've used process mon to try to find the location, but none of the locations coming up seem to be the answer. I've tried searching the registry for the dll file (wdkcalex.dll) but there's no results. I've searched for LoadBehavior in the registry (as most, if not add-ins have this key) but none of the results are for this add-in

So ... does anybody have ANY idea where SAP are hiding this !?!? Any help would be really greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RBM
Active Participant

It would be better if you disable this from SAPGui install (NwSapSetup on your case).

I think you could disable from outlook, here the steps:

1. In Outlook 2007, go to Tools > Trust Center

2. Click on the Add-ins section

3. You will now see all active, non-active, and disabled add-ins.

4. Then open up the COM add-ins page. De-select SAP Calendar and then click OK.

For old Outlook versions:

1. Go to Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.

2. Click Advanced Options, and then click Add-In Manager.

3. De-select SAP Calendar and then click OK.

Hope this help.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it did!

ironamadeus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello there!

This problem continue existing in 2022, then I'll provide my solution.

Cause:
You have installed the Calendar Synchronisation for Microsoft Oulook and this software arrows you an error caused by some conflicts with Microsoft Oulook.

Solution:
You only need to start SAP GUI Installation program (SetupAll.exe), an de-select (uninstall) the option:

Once you uninstall the software you never recive this error again.

Kind Regards!

julian_roedel
0 Kudos

Dear Isaac,

thank you for your input, your solution worked for our problem.

We use SAPGUI 7.70 PL12 and Office 365.

BR, Julian