Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner profile in case of Idoc to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have ECC system and PI system. Scenario as :

ECC will send the Idoc to PI ..PI system will Convert this to flat file and provide it to Legarcy system

I made Partner profile in sending system (ECC) and maintained Message type 'MATMAS' as Outbound.

Do i need to maintained the MATMAS in Partner profile of PI also?.

As PI has copied the Idoc MATMAS.MATMAS05 from ECC.

I am confused please suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, there is no "partner profile" at PI. IDoc messages going to system configured as integration server (SXMB_ADM) will be converted to XML messages. You need at least a Receiver/Interface Determination for the interface.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UDO

In PI system , In EDMSG table MATMAS message type is not present. Does it cause any problem?

Regards

Subham

Edited by: Subham Arya on Jan 7, 2010 4:54 PM

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subham,

no.

You just upload the IDoc type into to SWC (you did it) and configure the Receiver / Interface Determination.

The IDoc meta data will be loaded automaticly when you execute the scenario (control in IDX2)

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add, on the PI side you would need to import the meta data. In order to do this, you will need to create an RFC to ECC on the PI side. Go to tcode idx1 to create a corresponding port. Use this port to import the metadata using tcode idx2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add, on the PI side you would need to import the meta data. In order to do this, you will need to create an RFC to ECC on the PI side. Go to tcode idx1 to create a corresponding port. Use this port to import the metadata using tcode idx2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MATMAS05 should be configured as outbound paramters of ECC and no need to configure any thing at PI Partner Profile..

All you need to do is to create the Distribution model as sender (ECC) receiver (PI) and message type as MATMAS05...

with appropraite RFC destination name and port.....

if you are new to distribution model and like to know tcodes for the same just check the below link

http://pavelgk.pbworks.com/Step-by-step-tutorial-for-creating-Idocs#221Creationofanewdistributionmod...

HTH

Rajesh