cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interative Form Update to Vendor master through Mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have create a interactive form and sent it to the vendors for information update through mail using BCS, Now i want to enable this functionality when vendor updates his information on the forms and submits it, a mail gets triggered and the data should gets updated in vendor master records.

How we can achieve this functionality.

Thanks & regards,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes, it's definitly possible to process incoming mails automatically. you can create (depending on the receiving mail address) exits (you must implement a special interface) and there you get the attachments out of the mail (you PDF), you extract your data from the pdf in your abap varables and aferwards you can post data, answer to the mail, etc.

have a look at transaction SCOT, Inbound Processing...

br

norbert

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you solve your problem? Maybe you can share your solution/ experience with us. And close the thread. Thank you, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very interested in this auto-email-reading thing. I have seen this before but don´t know how to do that. Would it be possible you describe it for me in a greater detail? Or a blog post/ wiki/ "anything" would be great. For me this is like "the basis problem" but I would like to learn a bit more on this topic.

Thank you, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, have you achieved the result you needed? Maybe you can share the solution with us? Thank you, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

gud to see your reply.

Task is still open and i am working on it, would definetly come back with the solution shortly.

regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did something similar to your requirement very recently. We should implement logic to extract the data from the email attachment and update SAP transactions accordingly in the method "PROCESS_INBOUND" of the inbound process exit (which is a class with interface IF_INBOUND_EXIT_BCS).

Let me know if you need further info.

Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vikas,

I already implement the solution you want .

Have a look at my wiki page on this subject.

Link : [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/SampleCodeforprocessingInboundMailwithAdobeInteractive+Forms]

Hope this help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice Document, I think this will solve my problem, Presently busy in some other task.

come back to you in case of any issue as i have to close this open issues at the earliest.

Thanks again.

regards

vikas

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create the application which would let the vendor to upload the file himself. Then maybe he should be using some WD application and not offline form.

You can also create a SAP mail account, create a job to read this accounts mail, send and especially recieve this update mails using this "automated" email and on receive (using job) you read the mail attachment and extract the data out of the mail.

I don´t understand why you mention workflow. How does the PDF file appear in your SAP system?

If you read the code carefully, you don´t have to use upload from your machine, you can get the form as binary from any interface etc. This simple upload dialog is placed here only to demonstrate the whole process. You need only to change a small part of the process. Just replace the upload file from PC code by passing the form from anywhere you want.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, your requirement is not clear to me, but I guess the same thing is described in a famous SDN contribution/ tutorial here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c2567f2b-0b01-0010-b7b5-977cbf806...

I hope this solves your problem, the whole proces is described here: from sending the form to uploading the data back.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this document tells only one option to upload data back to SAP system which is using method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES.

Is there any other way round to achieve this i.e workflow or any other interface. please let me know the solution.

using above method we need to save the file first to the workstation then from there we can use METHODS. I am looking for an automated process for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikas Badhan