cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope agent settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have performed manual installation of Introcope agent refering Introscope Version 8 Installation Guide by SAP.

We were able to complete all the steps mentioned in the installation guide like configuring autoprobe,setting Java VM parameters etc.

As per the installation file,To check Agent is running we can

1. Refer to Introscope agent log file - Log file is not found----What might be the issue??

2. Launch http://emhost:8081/workstation - I am able to lauch successfully

3.Launch (http://emhost:8081/webview)- I am able to lauch successfully

Kindly help.

Regards

Shailaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to first deploy the wily agent on Java stack using SDM. And then you need to run Managed system configuration using SOLMAN_SETUP for the managed system to set up the agent in managed system.

Regards,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Thanks for your reply .

I already deployed the ISAGENT*.SCA file on Solman system and started SOLMAN_SETUP for managed system but in the step Wily Introscope Configuration --Configure Wily Introscope ,I got the above error .

Any thoughts......

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

This is a problem with the dbvendor coming from SLD, to resolve this

issue

- Empty the SMD table called BC_WA_DATABASE: DELETE FROM SAP<SID>DB.

BC_WA_DATABASE;

- Change the DBVendor in SolMan by one provided in the list. e.g.: if

you have a SolMan DBVendor equals to 'SAP', you can update it with one

of those values: 'mdb', 'SAP DB', 'ADABAS' or 'ADABAS D'.

- Push the update you did in SolMan landscape to SMD.

- Retrigger a datacollect.

For MAX DB:

- mdb

- SAP DB

- ADABAS

- ADABAS D

For MS SQL Server:

- Microsoft

- SQL SERVER

For IBM DB2:

- db6

- DB2 UDB FOR ISERIES

- DB2 UDB FOR UNIX AND WINDOWS

- DB2/390

For Oracle:

- ora

- ORACLE

If you experiment problem to change the DBvendor Name, delete the entry

and recreate one manually with the same SID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe Pitta,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not able to find table BC_WA_DATABASE on both managed system and Solution Manager system.

How to change the DB vendor on Solman ?

Our SOlman(DS1) and managed system(ESB) both are on Oracle 10.2.0.4.0.

Can you please let me know the exact steps to be done ?

Thanks in advance,

Srini K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to re-deploy LMSERVICE 7.01 SP6 Patch 0 and i observed the below error in the log which is not allowing to satrt Introscope agent

Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application sap.com/tc/webadministrator/wilyadmin and wait.

Reason: Clusterwide exception: server ID 912045150:com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide

exception: Failed to prepare application sap.com/tcwebadministratorwilyadmin for startup. Reason=

Clusterwide exception: Failed to start application sap.com/tcwebadministratorwilyadmin: The referenced application sap.

com/tcsmdmanagedsetup_ws cannot be started. Check the causing exception for details. Hint: Is the referenced application

deployed correctly on the server?

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: managedsetup_ws_ManagedSetupWS/OperationResult (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Our OS is SOLARIS 5.10 and Java home - JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk/instances/j2sdk1.4.2_18.

Any Thoughts.......

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailaja,

I am also not able to perofrm automated instaIation of Introscope agent .

Is your issue solved ?If so please let me know the process.

Thanks in advance..

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your wily installation home and find whether a directory logs exists (...../wily/logs) with full permissions(777), If not create it manually and restart wily agent by by restarting the J2ee engine. This will solve the issue( I had the same issue and solved like this)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saju,

Thanks for your reply.

Logs directory already exists ,changed the permissions to 777 and restarted both Wily Introscope and Solman Java Engine but still no luck.

I am still getting "Unexpected error occured. Please contact administrator" error .

Please let me know if you have done any other steps.

Thanks,

Srini