cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to insert material standard price in MM02?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have included a material in my sales order whose standard price not been maintained at the time of material creation,

now the problem is that, in sales order, the condition type VPRS not updated, and when i am trying to insert the standard price of material using MM02, i am not able to do this, i can only insert the moving price.

so please guide me to insert the standard price of the material, so that the costing of the material in sales order could be updated.

thanx and regards,

vishal singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot change the moving average price in MM02 ,kindly change through MR21 t code but Sap doesn't recommend to change the same.

Once the change done in MR21 update the sales order to update the Cost(VPRS).

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i dont want to change the 'moving avg price', i want to change the Standard price of the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

set indicator S and then put std price in material master.

Kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Jan 7, 2010 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kapil,

as i set the indicato 'S', system automatically set the field 'standard price' as grayed, and the price will be set as null.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As other experts advised, you can try as below. After step 2, the standard price will be updated in material master accordingly (use MM03 to view).

However, those changes should match the real business requirements. In other words, they are related to MM module.

1. use MM02 to change the indicator to "S"

2. use MR21 to update the standard price

Edited by: Cathy on Jan 7, 2010 1:22 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this, you can run costing for the material in CK11N,CK24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Y'all:

If price control is V, then moving average will be greyed out in MM02. If price control is S, then the standard price field will be greyed out. (The other price remains open for maintenance, since there's no impact to changing it.)

For this scenario, two options exist:

1. If product costing is not active, or if no cost estimate from CO-PC-PCP has been marked and released, then transaction MR21 can be used to simply change the price. When the price is changed, any on-hand inventory will be revaluated, of course.

2. If product costing is active, generate a cost estimate using CK11N (typically), and mark and release it using CK24. This will update the standard price in the material master and revalue inventory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can achieve this from MR21 t-code, but neccessary impact analysis should be completed first !

Regards

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

because u mentioned indicator V at the time of creation, if any transaction is carry out with variable price, latter on you will not able to change variable price,

Try with following code

By t-code MR21

Kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Jan 7, 2010 11:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kapil,

i didnt tale the indicator as V, its 'S', and my problem is stiill same.