cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch with stock category S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have a batch in WM stock with stock categroy S.

I need to move this batch to our production plant for reprocessing.

So i create STO in production plant against the warehouse plant.

Warehouse plant creates delivery aginst STO.

Now issue is I tried to change stock categry of the batch from S to Unrestricted with transfer posting 343 movemnt type.

It posted sucessefully but now when i try to create TO and try to pick, this batch, its still shown under categry S and hence i get the error that negative stock is not active in the storage type.

could you tell me how to remove stock categery from S

Thanks

Akkshaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

When you posted the 343 in IM you created a Posting change notice in WM. This has to be processed. you will find it in LU04 and then you create the TO for this and the stocks will balance and the negative will go.

Basically what happens is that WM will not make a change automatically (unless it is for ALL the stock of a batch) and you have to tell it which stock to change.

For example if you have 3 pallets of 50 pieces of material A making 150 in total and al of the characteristics (batch number etc) are the same and you want to change the status of 50 the IM can deal with this but in WM you have to tell the system which of the 3 pallets you want to change and so the posting in Imcreates the Posting change notice to let you know that something needs to be done and also creates a negative in 922

What I mean by this is if the 50 are going from unrestricted to 'S' the the system knows that there will be 50 less of the unrestricted and so creates the negative in 922, when you process the posting change it takes the 50 and sends them to 922 which takes care of the negative.

In this case you would see a negative of 50 unrestricted in 922 AND a positive of 50 with 'S' attached in 922

the change will take 50 unrestricted to 922 to remove the negative and take 50 with 'S' FROM 922 and place them in the bin wher the 50 are.

When you refresh the system after processing the change you will still have 3 X 50 but one of them will be status 'S'

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If yo really transferred the stock from blocked to unrestricted it should be there. Check in MB51 what's happened - whether the goods movement really exists.

Please also check whether you have:

- unprocessed PCN in LU04 (related to the IM posting)

- unconfirmed TO (related to the processing of PCN - LT22)

Please also check what is the storage location in which you have the stock and what is the storage location in the delivery.

Regards,

Csaba