cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP v5.3 - Challenge Response & HR Self Service for Password Self Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My client would like to have BOTH Challenge Response & HR Self Service for Password Self Service. Since we live in Australia, we don't have anything unique and secure like SSN to use. Everyone does have a unique Tax File Number, but this is not a viable option, as most people do not remember their Tax File Number. So, they would like to use a combination of Date of Birth and 2 Challenge Response Questions. Is it possible to have both or do they have to choose?

Thank you!

Johonna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johonna,

Did you work for Virsa/SAP? As of now, you can only use either or. You won't be able to use challenge response and SAP HR together. Challenge response was only introduced for the customers who did not have SAP HR implemented.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

Yes, it's me! I used to work for Virsa and SAP out of New York. Then, I transferred to SAP Australia. Now, I am on a GRC contract for a client in Perth. Are you in California? I hope all is wonderful for you!

Thank you for the information on PSS. I was hoping to be able to apply both at the same time. They are happy to just use the Challenge Response, but they don't want the users to have a separate user ID to authenticate in PSS. Since we don't use SSNs in Australia, we are testing using Date of Birth (IT0002) and Bank Details (IT0009). Any thoughts on this approach?

Do you know when / if SAP will add the capability to do both at the same time?

Thank you!

Johonna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johonna,

Nice to hear from you. Your last name is changed (from Murphy). I am still in California and after Virsa/SAP, I worked for PwC and I am an independent consultant now.

I don't think this functionality will be coming soon as I don't see lots of customers asking for it.

Alpesh

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Johonna,

The best thing to do would be to log a CSS message so this gets into Solution Management's enhancement bucket.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

Yes, I got married. So, my last name is now Davis. I am happy to hear that you are independent now. I hope everything is going well for you.

Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day, : )

Johonna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Good idea ... I will do.

Thank you for your help!

Johonna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Johonna. If you are on linkedin, please add me so we can stay in touch.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)