cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type for PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have created a document by using a existing document type and trying to print this document in the production order, but somehow its not printing, whereas if i use the other document type for Excel then i uploaded then i attached excel instead of PDF then this excel printing on the production order.

I believe there is something wrong with the existing PDF document type i have been using. Please suggest me the configuration required to print the PDF file in the production order.

This is very generic process nothing complex involved to print the PDF.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the application in your configuration. It may works if the application is "%AUTO%" for the application PDF.

Additionally, you may be required to set-up a command properly for the acrobat reader in the Windows Registry Editor.

Acrobat reader version lessthan or equal to 7.0 will be the best option to meet your requirement.

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to uninstall current version of acrobat and install version 7/8.

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check img as below:

IMG-cross-application componentsdocument managementgeneral data--define workstation application

select the pdf application and double click "define work station application in network"

check if the record exist: "pc pdf 3 ".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz check in SPRO Doc management system -> general data -> define workstation application -> define workstation application in network for pdf document entry 3 (print) is maintained .

Above could be a reason for not getting printouts.

Also check your authorizations and printer configuration also.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I could not find define workstation application in network in SPRO, but there is only define work station application. Would you give me in detail the exact thing you refering to.

Here i am not using DMS module, but wanted to Manage a document system for the production order by creating or assigning a document.

SO currently i have created a Document in CV01n and assigned to Material master object, which is very simple process. But i cannot print a PDF file out of the document type i am using now. Current Document type is supported to PDF.

But I can print excel file with the other document type.

Please suggest what exactly the changes required in the document type, Or give me a details how to create a Document type with PDF file.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPRO -> Cross application components -> DMS-> General data -> define workstation application -> define workstation application in network(it is first node) -> select pdf and define values data carrier type as PC and application type 3 ( print).

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit

We maintained three application types, 1, 2 and 3 for the PDF. so Application type 3 is already in place, then what would be the thing i am missing here.

Thanks,

Quantum.