cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has big VBOX (Rebate history)? We have a 1.6TB VBOX table and indexes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who here (normally a FMCG company) has had trouble with management of VBOX sizing. We currently have a VBOX with the following sizes in MB which totals to 1.6TB

-

VBOX TABLE 455,320

VBOX~0 INDEX 843,106

VBOX~A INDEX 293,696

Is there anyone else around with such a big VBOX (rebate history) table, any suggestions for management apart from archiving and reducing complexity of the rebate agrements (both are in the pipeline now). We are thinking of moving VBOX and indexes to a separate partition (tablespace) on Tier-2 (cheaper) disks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

besides reorganization, on ORACLE you have the option of "index key compression" .

It can significantly reduce your index sizes if your index key has highly redundant field values.

search for that term on SDN and you will find some expierences from the user community.

bye

yk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Coincidentally, I am with the same issue of big VBOX. I posted the same query on it yesterday, below is the link, I got some suggestions yesterday, pls do post your suggestions if you have anything more on it.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here your Index size is more than your Table size which is definately not a healthy situation.

You should first rebuild both the indexes which will definately reduce the size of your index and will so improve the storage quality and will enhance the performace of table fetches.

You can reorg the table as well but as you have not archieved anything from the table, I am least hopeful that the table size will reduce significantly by the reorganization.

Edited by: NishitSAP on Jan 7, 2010 6:07 PM