cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate Agreement issue on sales volume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

We're running in to a challenge on some of our rebate agreements which have been defined in the agreement type as not dependent on sales volume.

However, the system is still telling us that sales volume is not current. So we run VBOF and it takes care of it. But I don't get why we have to run VBOF for these agreements as the type is set to not be dependent on sales volume.

Is there something we're missing, or possibly some conflicting configuration?

Possibly this is just the default way they work, and I'm wondering if it's changeable?

It looks like we can't settle the agreements until the sales volume is up to date. The real problem that we're running to is that when we run VBOF it churns through many billing documents even though the agreement is not dependent on sales volume, and it's taking hours and hours for each one.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devon,

>> .. why we have to run VBOF for these agreements as the type is set to not be dependent on sales volume.

My FMCG customers usually use sales volume dependent rebate agreement, so this is not a usual configuration for me.

Nevertheless, one possible reason for this system behavior is that the scale of the rebate condition can be sales volume dependent even if the rebate agreement is volume independent.

>> Possibly this is just the default way they work, and I'm wondering if it's changeable?

Yes to the first part and probably No to the second part, sorry about that.

>> when we run VBOF it churns through many billing documents even though the agreement is not dependent on sales volume, and it's taking hours and hours for each one.

That would happen only after you create the agreement, so only once.

Anyway I have a couple customers using Rebates with a lot of documents (FMCG = A couple million invoices per year) and they don't have such performance problems in rebates. Yes VBOF takes some time, but I believe no more than 10/20 minutes per agreement.

Are you using standard rebates or extended rebates?

Do you create a new rebate agreement with a final settlement each year?

Do you create a different agreement for each payer or are these hierarchy agreements?

Is program associated to the VBOF transaction updated to the last OSS note?

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can read question 5 on the OSS Note 456458 - FAQ: How does SDBONT06 work?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info on this one.

Any thoughts on creating a copy of the VBOF program, and then making an addition in the copy to skip the billing document update if the condition type is not dependent on sales volume?

The program looks like it will still update the sales volume, and as long as the program copy is only used for rebate agreements with conditions not dependent on sales volume it seems like it might work ok?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,