cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI MQ Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a distributed environment of XI 7.0 with MQseries 7 and two apps (CA+DA). We have jms.jar of version 1.1.

Problem:- if we are posting 20 iDocs only 5-6 are getting processed successfully and rest are failing.

Analysis:- When we checked the channel monitoring we can see only one apps (CA or DA) is connected to the MQ server at a time. so the messages are getting processed only if they have gone through the connected Apps.

Question:- Is there any particular settings from the PI/Basis point of view which will allow us to connect to MQ server on both the Apps at a same time? Or there is a problem from the MQ side which is allowing only one connection at a time?

Thank you for your help in advance.

V....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may please refer Note 1086303 - XI JMS Adapter and IBM Websphere MQ: FAQ

Regards

Sekhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V...

It's an MQ issue, allowing one active connection at a time. I'm assuming your setup is multiple comm channels to one MQ Queue but you haven't explained in which direction the messages are going.

If you can get the MQ guys to resolve, that would be the best bet otherwise from you side you would need to implement some workarounds. Workarounds will vary depending on the direction of the communication but the end result will be the same, you will need to have a single comm channel to a single MQ Queue & then fork the messages per app as needed.

Regards, Trevor

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are sending multiple messages to MQ,are you sending one queue or multiple Queues?

Please check the status about Queuemanger/Queues in MQ side,If any Queue down it wont accpet any message.

as per my understanding there is not settings required in PI Side.Just instaling drivers enough to send messages.

We can send any number os messages to MQ,PI JMS communication channles reads only one message at a time, even it sends one message at a time to MQ ,

But in your case the problem from MQ eng i guess.plese check with MQ People.

Regards,

Raj