Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME pointing to ABAP CUA; try to switch back to local also UME errors out

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot switch the UME back to local; the config tool entry under ume services to switch to local DB is greyed out.

Also the UME screen shows this error:

*Current user has user creation permissions in the UME, but cannot create users in the back-end system (data source). The original and possibly untranslated message was: "java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException". *

• A required service for the identity management user interface is not available. Contact your system administrator. See SAP Notes 869852 and 963174 *

I checked the the error logs and found this:

#1.#001A64E8100100119199199126279662811111#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.client.RequestInfoServer#sap.com/com.sap.security.core.admin#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.client.RequestInfoServer#Guest#142##toku_CE1_1011650##98473fe0fae311dec27a001a64e81001#HTTP Worker [2]##0#0#Error##Plain###Processing HTTP request to servlet [WDRedirectServlet] finished with error. The error is: com.sap.security.core.server.userstore.UserstoreException: Could not get user J2EE_ADMIN

Any ideas how to disable ABAP ume link that works...configtool doesn't allow the switch.

Thanks

Weyland Y

1 REPLY 1

former_member432219
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI, the switch from ABAP datasource to non-ABAP is not supported, hence the area is greyed out in the configtool - see note 718383

I suspect it will be difficult to resolve the issue you have with the Identity Management application without tracing and analysis, and this forum is not the most appropriate medium for that

I would recommend opening a message with SAP Support for assistance.

One of the issues you are facing appears to be that the user J2EE_ADMIN is set as the run-as identity for the application but for some reason the user cannot be found.