cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Call from PI freeze ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we actually load master data in our ECC environment that are sent to the PI environment via IDOC, the integration of those IDOCs in the PI system make RFC call in ECC and after a few minutes, the ECC system freezes.

All dialog process are occupied with report SAPLARFC/SAPLERFC/SAPMSSY1 with user PI2ABAP and WF-BATCH.

We have increase the number of dialog processes, reduce the parameter rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp to 50, but each time all the dialog processes are taken until the system freezes.

DO you know which parameter can restrict the number of dialog process used for RFC call?

or maybe a method to avoid this high consumption of all dialog processes in the ECC environment?

Many Thanks.

Thibaud.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more informations, we found the solution in note 726148 (for ECC side) and we have executed the report IDX_NOALE from PI to stop the generation of ALEAUD Idocs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamshi.,

you were right, this is due to a bad interface design that was a reuse of an other company 's project but that does not fit exactly to our needs with other Idocs type.

Regards;

Thibaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

we have set this parameter to 3, but it seems to have no effect, I have applied the note 3223 that affects

- rdisp/wp_ca_blk_no (for wp_ca blocks)

- rdisp/appc_ca_blk_no (for appc_ca blocks)

but now we have a problem at the start of the instance that does not support the new value and lead to the error

Shared Pool Space exhausted.

How can i check this value and can I modify it?

Thanks.

Thibaud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it you should ask you developer to investigate that program, May be the program is recursively calling sessions.

We faced this problem in one of the crm-isu program. It was the problem with the custom program.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

We have done some restriction in RZ12, and particularly on rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp

that we have set to 50 instead of 75 in the ECC side, today we have 10 DIA_wp, we should have 5 max DIA_wp in use, isn't it?

it seems to have no effect.

We have also increase the parameter rdisp/wp_ca_blk_no from 300 to 1400 and we are waiting for the result of the operation.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks

Thibaud.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked into setting up some quotas in RZ12? That might be a good place to start.

J. Haynes