Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy roles between users

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to copy roles from one user to another user automatic?

Br

Steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Steven,

just came across the same problem. I found it hard to believe that there would be no standard transacton to do this.... but there is!

Use SU10 to copy roles from a "promoted" reference user.

Here is how it works:

1) start TC SU10

2) enter the user(s) you would like to change in the list

3) click on the change button (shift-F6)

4) select the roles tab (note the ADD radio button is highlighted by default, so additional roles are added)

5) enter the user name to copy role assignments from in the field next to: "Reference user for additional rights"

6) check the change box

7) press enter

😎 you may get a warning message, press enter again (this is the "promotion" - )

9) click the SAVE button

10) you should get a warning that user accounts will change, confirm

11) after this you should see a summary of changes

12) Done!

You can use  TC: S_BCE_68001430 to compare assigned authorizations between the two users just to double-check, if you find discrepancies, double-click on the object, the expance Val.Combination1 and Authoriz. to see where differences come from

Note that Report TC: RSSCD100_PFCG_USER - Change Documents For Role Assignment apparently does not pick up mass changes from SU10

Hope it helps. 

regards,

Matt

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - If you want to create a new user having same roles as the existing one then you can simply copy the user.

Go to SU01 and select the option of "Copy user".

2 - You can use "reference user" option if the user is existing and you want to copy roles of different user to this one. But this will include full access of the user i.e roles, profiles etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to copy roles between existing users, I there a report to that?

br

Steven

0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I am really not aware of any such report which copies the role of existing users.

However its not a big task I guess, with a simple help of excel functions and filters you can sync the data. Check out the common roles (if there are) or common users (if there are) and use SU10 functionality.

Just for your information you can pull the data of roles assigned to the users either from SUIM or from table agr_users(SE16).

0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

There is no such automatic tool to copy selection of role from one to other existing user. This need to be done manually, but you can use the sap tool SUIM to minimize the manual work. Better option is to open the two sap sessions with one for target user where role need to be added and another for source use the SAP copy paste option, by using this you can copy the several number of roles in single shot. if you are in CUA then use the report User by role under cross system information with SUIM itseld. By this way you can short out the role assignment by respective client in view of report , and from there u can do the copy paste along with client number of roles in single shot.

Hope this practice helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABAP coding or LSMW will help in semi-automatic this process.

Regards.

Shrinivasan KV

Former Member

Steven,

just came across the same problem. I found it hard to believe that there would be no standard transacton to do this.... but there is!

Use SU10 to copy roles from a "promoted" reference user.

Here is how it works:

1) start TC SU10

2) enter the user(s) you would like to change in the list

3) click on the change button (shift-F6)

4) select the roles tab (note the ADD radio button is highlighted by default, so additional roles are added)

5) enter the user name to copy role assignments from in the field next to: "Reference user for additional rights"

6) check the change box

7) press enter

😎 you may get a warning message, press enter again (this is the "promotion" - )

9) click the SAVE button

10) you should get a warning that user accounts will change, confirm

11) after this you should see a summary of changes

12) Done!

You can use  TC: S_BCE_68001430 to compare assigned authorizations between the two users just to double-check, if you find discrepancies, double-click on the object, the expance Val.Combination1 and Authoriz. to see where differences come from

Note that Report TC: RSSCD100_PFCG_USER - Change Documents For Role Assignment apparently does not pick up mass changes from SU10

Hope it helps. 

regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

If you are to use the field "Reference user for additional rights" on SU10, it should be populated with a  user of "Reference Type" and will not do if you want to copy roles from a Dialog user.

Also, this will not copy roles from Reference user, instead it just inherits access from the Reference user.

To the best of what I know, there is no way you can directly copy roles from one user to another existing user.

Regards,

Pranaam

Srdjan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos