cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Server with Dialog Work Process Only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just add my 2nd ABAP application server into my existing central instance and configured this new server to host only Dialog work process.

And I have a client which is not connect to this server with the logon group, but with direct connection the application server.

Now the question is what happen if this client perform a task which requires a background work process and the application server doesn't have one.

Would the server group clever enough to run the background task on the central instance app server ?

Thank you.

Halomoan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Halomoan,

I have not come across this scenerio but In my opinion it should work.

If I were you, I will test my self by connecting direct to the dialong instance and go to DB13 to schedule a update statastic job or run any program in back grouond and check the result.

Best Luck,

- Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right. For some reason, I can't do the test now.

But i'm still hoping someone could share the experience or knowledge about this.

Thank you.

Halomoan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Would the server group clever enough to run the background task on the central instance app server ?

Yes, of course !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I have not implemented this scenario I was reluctant to give my input but if we run transports from a server that has no background process won't the transport fail because it will not be able to run the RDDIMPDP Job. My understanding is that since it is an event driven job it will trigger on a server where the tp process was called from.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier

Do you have more explanation on how that thing works ?

As you can see we have people on here has a doubt this could works.

Thank you.

Halomoan