cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC 5.3 SP10 CUP Delaying Auto Provisioning Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

Is it possible to delay the auto provisioning email? If yes, how?

We have a scenario where security needs to perform certain tasks post user account set-up before the user logs on to the system (we don't want to auto provision & lock the user) and want to delay the automatic email sent to the user. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Daniel. There is no way you can delay the auto provisioning email. CUP sends out this email as soon as the provisioning is done and you can not even configure the contents of this email through CUP.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh. I appreciate it. Do you have a copy of the wording sent in the provisioning email? We're not that far along and I'd like to see what it actually says. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Here is the email content:

Your request #_!AUTO_PROVISION_REQNO#_! provisioning has been done. Your account has been created. Your ID is #_!AUTO_PROVISION_ID#_! Your password in each system (Password/System):#_!AUTO_PROVISION_PASSWORD#_!

It is part of cleanandinsert xml file, which comes with the installation. You can search for this and change the email content.

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way I can think of delaying the email is by adjusting the Email Dispatcher job frequency. It will not be a foolproof solution and will delay other emails which CUP generates.

But if you are ok with delaying all the emails, then schedule dispatcher job such that Security gets enough time to do post processing of user accounts.

Amol