cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

While trying to connect to SAP Database using .NET Connector 2.0.1 the following error occurs:

"SAP.Connector.RfcException: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx at SAP.Connector.Connection.Open() at SAP.Connector.SAPLoginProvider.OpenSAPConnection(Page p, String connstr, Boolean persist) at WebApplication1.SAP_Login_Page.Login_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapplication1\sap login page.aspx.cs:line 97".

Any help is very much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have encountered this same problem with the 2.01 connector when trying to initialize an SAPLogonDestination.

When you attempt to set the ConnectionString property (or even if you use ParseConnectionString), the ASHOST parameter gets stripped from the connection string. The other parameters correctly populate the destination object, but the AppServerHost parameter is left blank, which cripples the object (AppServerHost is readonly).

I can work around this by setting the individual properties of the destination object manually (Client, DestinationKey, DestinationName, Username and Password), but my preference is to be able to use a single string which can be pulled from an external source (we don't want to hard code this into the program).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved ... Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari. I have the same problem:

SAP.Connector.RfcException: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx at SAP.Connector.Connection.Open() at SAP.Connector.SAPLoginProvider.OpenSAPConnection(Page p, String connstr, Boolean persist) at Customers_From_SAP.SAPLogin2_aspx.Login_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Customers From SAP\SAPLogin2.aspx.vb:line 76

Could you please tell me how you solved yours?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

"SAP.Connector.RfcException: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx at SAP.Connector.Connection.Open() at SAP.Connector.SAPLoginProvider.OpenSAPConnection(Page p, String connstr, Boolean persist) at WebApplication1.SAP_Login_Page.Login_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapplication1\sap login page.aspx.cs:line 97".

I followed the thread -

But not helpful.

I also set the properties - Application Server, System Number, Username, Password, and Client.

..... still not useful.

Can someone help me please ? , its really urgent for me!

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that you use the SAP Login Page. If you open it in designer, you see a destiantion object in the lower area.

This destination is not configured by default. You need to click on it and configure all necessary parameters in the property window, e.g. Application Server, System Number, Username, Password, and Client.

A quick way to configure the destination is dragging a SAP Server node from the Server Explorer while holding the Shift key. This trick will transfer all setting of the dragged node to the destination on the designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kusal,

Check if you have given the paramenters something similar to

"ASHOST=HOSTIP SYSNR=00 CLIENT=000 USER=USERNAME PASSWD=MINISAP ABAP_DEBUG=1 trace=1 use_sapgui=1"

Enter your password in all caps. Check below link for a similar discussion,

Regards

Krupa