cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Table in RFx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there any provision by which I can include complex pricing in an RFx? for e.g. would it be possible for supplier to suggest discounts on mass perchase, online and offshore support cost, delivery charges etc. This cumulative price should eventually reflect in the Total Price that we see against the RFx response at the time of evaluation.

Thanks

Tripti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way...

Create Qustion section for pricing. Add all pricing components as Individual question and use functionailty "contribute to cost or contribute to Total proce".

Thank you,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use Component pricing... wherein you can custimize the price components like price, Discount, surcharges and taxes.

But i am not sure abt integration point with ERP.

(OR)

Use the excle sheet to get price. wherinyou can get template to capture price and use attachment libarary or / RFx template to automate.

(OR)

Prepare a file attachment question for pricing and score it in manual.

(OR)

Use the extension to create a field anduse the scripts for calculation.

Thank you,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

You can create a question with "Table base" as answer type. It will allow you to type in the row and column names as well as to include in the total Price.

I believe this is what Kamalakar is referring to.

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian

Thanks for replying. We have already tried the tabular question "price Table" approach.The problems are

1. We can not put formulas as we do in excelsheet wherein price column would reflect the sum/difference etc of multiple columns lets say discount, surcharge, fright charges etc.

2. The price column in this table is not reflected in the "Total Price ".

Thus it would more be of static nature wherein all the calculations and awarding would be manual.

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Thanks for the suggestion...have a few doubts

1. How can we use RFx Template/ Attachment library to automate price calculation.

2. In case we are using functionality "contribute to total price/ cost" we are also required to give the "value" by which total price/ cost would be affected which anyhow makes it a static parameter.

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not to autmate in the system.

Basically you van build a excle sheet with formuals.

Most of companies run with these work around sloution..

Try it.

Thank you,

Mani

0 Kudos

In the next release of E-Sourcing (i.e. Q3 2010 release), we will be introducing a new feature that will address this issue. In addition to the existing pricing model options (Unit Price, Tiered Price, Component Price), we are introducing the fourth option called "Formula Price' as a pricing model. When this pricing model is used, users will be able to define a formula using a new formula builder. This new feature will be able to address all the requirements discussed in this forum.

Thanks,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven/ Mani

One doubt that I have with the component price in eSouricng 5.1 is whether we can also have % based pricing enabled.

for eg lets say we have enabled component based pricing in RFx with two components as: Price and labour cost, now currently the supplier would have to provide absolute values for the two like Price= USD 1500 and Labour cost= USD 200.

Can we have a pay wherein the supplier would be able to provide labour cost as a percentage of price i.e. Price= USD 1500 and Labour Cost = 2% of Price. Is there a way by which we can enable this particular scenario?

Thanks

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tier Price is supported in RFx. Please explore this functinality.

Good Luck