Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Application not running

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed one webdynpro for ABAP application, which is running fine. But, as of now, I'm making new application. But, my problem is when I run that new application, the Browser starts but nothing comes up as output.

Just to verify I made a simple webdynpro application and tried to run it. Again, it is not running.

The striking thing is -- my previously devloped application is running fine but new application is not being run.

Does that have something related with services or should I try something else.

Your leads required.

Kumar Saurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

If you have created a sample application with no additional views or windows then you should be able to see the UI elements that you have placed in your view.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Have you bounded the view to the window? Check if the view is default or not!

Regards,

Jhansi

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes, I have done the binding.

Allow me to make the picture more clear. Actually, I've developed one webdyn application - say, zfirst - which is running fine. Now, I'm making another webdyn - say, zsecond - this is not running. Striking point here is even now, zfirst is running smoothly.

So, my question is -- whether we can develop only one webdyn application or can we go for as many as desired. If we can make many, please give me the lead as to how can we.

Kumar Saurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

this is how we create the WDA :

1 go to transaction se80 , Select WD Comp. /Intf and give a name to the component.

2 save it under the local package $tmp

3 create a view under ur window

4 set it as default.In the window structure open the context menu for the Web Dynpro window and select u2018Embed Viewu2019.

5 now in the layout tab of the view , right click on the root element container , insert UI elements which u want to dispaly under the

view

6 create the appliation for ur WDA component and test it

Refer the SAP Online help : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/77/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Reference to WD ABAP material and learning map:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/wdabap/referencesandLinks

E-Learning Videos:

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/06/20/web-dynpro-abap-demonstration-videos

regards,

amit

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for giving guidelines.

My problem is a bit different. I've made one WDA. Now, I'm trying to make a lighter version for Mobile/Hand-held devices.

Now, what happens is only first WDA is running. For second WDA, browser starts but nothing happens.

For your information, even standard sample WDAs are not running apart from my First WDA. I guess, there must be some settings problem.

Thats why, I'm asking that

1) Whether it is possible to develop more than one WDA on the same server or not?

2) If more than one WDA is possible, how can I run both of WDAs.

Thanks.

Edited by: Kumar Saurav on Jan 8, 2010 8:46 AM

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanking you for extending help.

The issue has been resolved.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Output should be there. Just put some dummy fields like Textveiw and check if they are coming or not.