recovery z table

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Due To change in primary key, my some data has been lost,from ztable

and these Data are related to Finance ,

Is there any way to get back these data,

and in backup can i recover particular table??????

Regards: Hemant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consult your basis guys.

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

THANKS FOR REPLY,

BUT I FIND OUT THE OLD STRUCTURE,

BUT NOT THE DATA .

ACTUALLY DUE TO CHANGE OF PRIMARY KEY MY DATA IS OVERRITE NOT DELETE,

Edited by: HEMANT_A1 on Jan 6, 2010 12:57 PM

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

And From Bc course 430 How can i get back my data

Edited by: HEMANT_A1 on Jan 6, 2010 12:59 PM

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know a database table is automatically created with some prefix to original name (I don"t remember). And it is kept if the activation is not successful. So you just need to know that prefi. To see the date before change. You can try tosearch 'z-table-name' in se11 or se16.

Edited by: Gungor Ozcelebi on Jan 6, 2010 1:27 PM

Edited by: Gungor Ozcelebi on Jan 6, 2010 1:28 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> THANKS FOR REPLY,

> BUT I FIND OUT THE OLD STRUCTURE,

> BUT NOT THE DATA .

> ACTUALLY DUE TO CHANGE OF PRIMARY KEY MY DATA IS OVERRITE NOT DELETE,

>

> Edited by: HEMANT_A1 on Jan 6, 2010 12:57 PM

Please switch off capslock before posting. It makes your post hard to read and is also against the rules.

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,Gungor i am not getting my previous data from ztable, in se16 and se11.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems this has now become a Basis question, rather than ABAP Dictionary, so I've moved the thread in the hope of expert help!

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you change any keys of a Database Table, always use the ABAP Database Utility tool to make changes while keeping the exisitng data intact. Transaction Code : SE14. - Database Utility.

As you have mentioned that this table got activated, there must be a temporary database table where this data resided and then once the new changes are done the old data is brought back to the table and old tables are deleted. But again the changes are not downward compatible. For example, if you change the Field Length from 10 to 8 characters, then there will be data loss.

Is there any data backup policy in your organization or the customer organization? Is the data archiving is enabled ? Check this with the Admin people as they will be able to tell you and guide you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I Already Consult with basis consultant, In My org Backup is daily stored,

But the main problem is how to recover particular Database in production server.

Regards:

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABAP Database Tables are Logically created and maintained in Data Dictionary, but they are mapped physically in the underlying database. So, the DDIC is responsible for mapping the database to the underlying database like ( Oracle or MySQL or etc ). So, the Basis Consultant is responsible for all the Data Definition Language Syntax mapping between BASIS and the DB. So, in my opinion he is the right person to guide you with the steps and the data necessary to retrieve the lost or damaged data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

But My basis cnsultant are worry to take the back up, he told me , if we done tht all the transaction will be disturb.

And he also told me There is no possibility to take backup for a single ztable ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please esclate the issue to all that ther will be a roll back to the pervious date then sit with basis and ask them to roll back the entire system to the pervious date. Since you cant roll back one single table. As far as I know.

Regards,

Aditya

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Take a full backup of the current system before doing anything (do NOT relay on the regular backup).

2. Restore the system to the way it was before you destroyed your Z table

3. Make a copy of the data in the Z table - and move the copy off your system

4. Restore the system using the backup of step 1

5. Rebuild your Z table using a program and the copied data

If your basis person doesn't know how to recover lost data, try finding one who does... this is not rocket science.

matt

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt , Can u tell me How much time it will take to take backup,

In my org sap are going from since 2005,

My basis consultant are worrying about Time ,and can u tell me is there any othere ways also

Former Member
0 Kudos

As your basis consultant already told you: It is not possible to get one single table from a backup. You only can restore the whole system.

And your basis consultant is aware of the fact that restoring the whole system would lose all the transactions done by your users in the meantime.

Your best chance:

Restore the backup to a different system, a new test system, or overwrite your QA system.

regards

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

lost Entries from ztable by changing the primary key become serious issue now,

experts, Plz try to Understand my datebase entries wasnot deleted it's overrite thru change in primary key,

and is there any solution thru abap also,and My Basis consultant not ready for take Backup,

there will be something.....................................?

Hemant

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally when you make a technical change in a table in activation all data is copyed a temporary table and transferred back using move-corresponding command. Because of this you loose data when you change the keys There is a possibility that this temporary table still exist with data. I don't remember all details but try to find Data Dictionary BC course (BC430) details to learn more.

Edited by: Gungor Ozcelebi on Jan 6, 2010 11:56 AM