cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform message error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have created a smartform in two languages.It displays something ,but when i issue a message,it will have status red and i do not have any processing log and I do not know why my smartform fails.Do you know maybe how i can enable this processing log so that i will have a clue on what is wrong with my form?

Also,i cannot debug my report to see if it fails in my report.Normally,if i enabled the Update debugging,it jumped to my report in the "entry" form,but know,nothing happens

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check for the sy-subrc after calling the form, if <> 0, then call this FM NAST_PROTOCOL_UPDATE. this will update the processing log.

Eg:

CALL FUNCTION fnam

exporting

it_options = it_option

tables

it_kna1 = it_kna1.

If sy-subrc NE 0.

Call function 'NAST_PROTOCOL_UPDATE'.

exporting

MSG_ARBGB = SY-MSGID

MSG_NR = SY-MSGNO

MSG_TY = SY-MSGTY

MSG_V1 = SY-MSGV1

MSG_V2 = SY-MSGV2

MSG_V3

MSG_V4

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have managed to debug my report and found out that my call on the smartform returns with error 1 : formatting error,but still when i check and activate my smartform i get no errors,is there any other way to find out where my problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the style ur using is active or not. Try executing the form directly.

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have verified and my style is activated.I have been searching for hours for the problem and i ended up in deleting all the windows from my smartform,now it is empty,i left an main window which is also emty.I have also commented all the exporting parameters from the function that calls my smartform and still i get this erreor:formatting error.I do not know what else to do.

I have no variables or anything declared in my smartform,no import parameters or tables.

My function call looks like this:

call function lv_fm

Exceptions

formatting_error = 1

internal_error = 2

and still i get sy-subrc = 1.

The call of the function "SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME" is done correctly and i get the right name for the smartform

What else can i try?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seba,

Did you tried executing the Form directly thrg SE37..

The scenrio for raise the FORMAT_ERROR is at 5 place..

1- CALL FUNCTION 'SSFCOMP_OPEN'

2- IMPORT HEADER TO %HEADER fails

3- Unable to define the Table definiatin

4- CALL FUNCTION 'SSFCOMP_PROCESS_DOCUMENT'

5- Unable to close the Form

Try debugging the FORM from SE37.

Mostly this should help you. Else create an entire form

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy

Yes,the "SSFCOMP_OPEN" function fails but i do not understand why.I have debugged another smartform that worked and used the same parameters for my call,and still,the form fails.Do you maybe know why this fm could fail?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In the end i have recreated the smartform again,and now it seems to work fine.I suspect that the problem was from a field of type QUAN which was declared correctly in the currency tab of the global definitions but was not used.

thank you for your help