Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see all the service of ES Bundle after EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have upgraded to ERP 6.0 EhP4.

I wish to use the services available in ES Bundle "External Cash Desk"

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/ExternalCashDeskEnterpriseServices

But when I open SOAMANAGER and try to search with query as "cash", I am able to see only 1 service in the namespace http://sap.com/xi/FICA/Global i.e. "CashPointOpenItemSummaryByElementsQueryResponse_In".

Please tell me if there is any other way to search for the service.

Do let me know why am I not able to see all the services.

regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right you can only see CashPointOpenItemSummaryByElementsQueryResponse_In in SOAMANAGER as only this service is "Syncronous" service (or webservice) all other services are "Async" services and can be used only with combination of PI.

You can see all these service in PI ESR(if you have imported contents) under Software Component FI-CA.\

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Can you also tell me that can we call synch and asynch services without PI in the landscape.

If not then why?

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

>Can you also tell me that can we call synch and asynch services without PI in the landscape

Sync service is like any other webservice which work over http and using SOAP protocol so calling Sync service is not issue even w/o PI.

On other hand Async services need some sort of middleware as they are not real time and often need integration with thridparty/legacy interfaces hence they need PI to manage transformation and transport part of communication.

Async services are usually designed for mediated communication (i.e. using middleware like PI).

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

I have downloaded and imported the FI-CA 604 XI content into ESR.

Now I am able to see all the intefaces in the FI-CA SWCV in ESR.

Now what do I do next.

Do I have to publish these services??? How do I use these?

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to publish these async services. These service will be used by PI to connect to other systems (partner or legacy). Any PI consultant will configure these services to interact with other systems based on business requirement.

Can you explain what you want to achieve then probably I can help you in better way as it is not necessary that all services supplied within ESR are used.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

For all the synch services, do I have to "Create Service" and "Create Endpoint" via SOAMANAGER for each??

Please advice

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct! For all sync service you need to activate them from SICF (most likely they are active) and then you need to create service and endpoint in SOAMANAGER.

Regards,

Gourav