Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM scenario Notify recepeints at end of process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following scenario

Data to be picked up from a staging table and then passed to R/3 using an RFC. If the RFC call is successful then the data picked from staging table is to be written to a file. Once the process is completed we need to notify a couple of recepients that the file has been created in a particular directory.

Using BPM we can handle the process. Am getting stuck on how we notify the recepients(send an email)

At what point in the BPM process do we notify.

Reference to similar scenarios would be appreciated

Regards,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Once the process is completed we need to notify a couple of recepients that the file has been created in a particular 
directory.

The Send step (for the file) should have the option Transport Acknowledgement......this will indicate whether the file was properly sent to the target directory.....you can catch the response (there is a Blog by Michal on this topic)

Now once you get the +ve response you know that the file has been placed successfully......so now you can place your Send step (to send email)....i.e. after the Send Step for File.

Note that if you intend to send an email then it can even be achieved by a Control Step (Throw Alert) and offcourse making necessary settings in SCOT....now this is just another way....i am not recommending it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I assume that there would be only one transport acknowledgement for the file transfer. Based on the ack i would trigger the mail adapter using a send step.

Can you provide reference to Michael's blog?

Regards,

Kalyan

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Implement the same logic as mentioned by Michal....deadline branch, exception branch.....this will help you cancel the process in case the file is not send to the target directory.....and hence the email wont be sent for failures

The send step for Email will be after this Block....so that if the file is placed successfully the control will come out of the block and will be an indication that now the Email has to be sent.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The email step will be the last in your BPM.

Once the process is completed we need to notify a couple of recepients that the file has been created in a particular directory.

for the send step for the file, I guess you can request a technical acknowledgment to ensure that the file is created successfully.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the send step .. you will need to have two message in the target structure

1. your file

2. mail package structure

In this way you will ensure that if the file is not created (e.g. an error occurs in the Comm Channel for file adapter then even the email will not be sent )

you can use enhanced interface mapping for this process.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once the file is written using send step in BPM, put another send step sequentially and use mail adapter to send mail to recepients.

Regards,

Prateek