cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck in Queue in production Enviorment

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

My messages is been stuck in queue in production envoirment. I have checked in SMQ2 Inbound queue .there in status it is showing SYSFAIL.When i am dbclick on stauts it is showing XI error due JCO communication failure.Mapping Queue..

I am trying to restart thoose messages but are not getting started . what I need to do. Shall I deleted those queues in in SMQ2 or unlock and then restart them.

Note : this is Production Enviorment ...........is right to delete the queue there while they are showing SYSFAIL status.

Please suggest.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got solved this problem.

i have ask basis to restart j2ee engine properly and reprocess those messages.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga

If you got helpfull answers you should give rewar Poins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

first thing is to check with basis whether the java is up or restarted due to any memory related problems.

from smq2 reset the status of the queues.if it still shows the jco or sysfail error.

from sxmb_adm go to manage queues - register and activate the qeues

finally reset the status of the qeue and messages will go through.

it worked for me on the prod system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gangadhar kh

just few checks

1) inside the queue check if any message got stuck due to some error . if QOS for that message is EOIO then it will not allow other messages to process until this is not processed

process that and rest message will get processed

2) ask you basis team to update java kernel so that on production system this queue stuck problem should not happen frequently

3) to restart java stack

run tcode SMICM go to menu bar click on AS Java menu ->send soft shut down->with restart

after some time java services will up

then manually reastrat aal the message

Regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gangadhar,

Trust that you are trying to unlock and restart only the message with SYSFAIL status in the queue.

Get your PI server re-instantiated and then you will be able to successfully unlock and restart your stuck message in the queue.

For automatic periodic resetting of the queue, get RSQIWKEX report scheduled to run. The details for the same can be taken from the below mentioned blog:

[Blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2728] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Warm Regards,

Anshul

dirk_freyaldenhoven
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Reboot complete xi-system and than you can lock and unlock queues.

Best Regards, Dirk

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

By clicking on queues messages go to moni and try to restart your failed messages then refresh the moni it should trun to black flag then only problem will be solved.

this problem comes when your XI server restarts and some of your messages were in progress and they fail due to XI goes down.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

This kind of JCo error comes when the communication between ABAP & JAVA Stacks fails. Check SLDCHECK on PI system and see if it is successful.

Also u may schedule a report which will periodically activate the queues. (I dont remeber the report name right away)

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is right to delete the queue there while they are showing SYSFAIL status.

No. Deleted messages would be lost and therefore this is not recommended.

Try to unlock queues and restart LUW.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prateek,

I am trying to unlock the queue but they are not getting unlock so what i need to do .please suggest.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to save the LUW and change the message status to ready and than try to restart the Queue.

Use the FM TRFC_QIN_RESTART...for this.

regards,

Navneet

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga

Restart your XI server and then try to restart your faild messages then execute LUV.

Try this.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

how can we restart our XI server. for this we have ask our basis guys to do that?

Regards

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes tell your basis team to restart the server, then follow my above replies.

Regards

Dheeraj kumar