cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM delivery

0 Kudos

I have a question in QM delivery.My client is asking me to map in SAP ,thequality check in customer delivery scenario.

i.e One common material is delivered for different customers in different countries .This will have different quality parameters based on country's standards.Is it possible to have one common material code having different quality specification based on customer.Furthermore after checking the quality,based on the quality specifications customer is finalised.

I tried thru' Customer Info record but there is no any such provision..???Is there any other way we can map it ??

Re,

PRamod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shetty,

This is Possible

By using multiple specification by Country origen we can have different Spec

for same material

you can mantain different specs for different customers based on country origen.

Pl try this if u dont get it

I will explain U this in detail

U can also do by using functionality dependent characteristic specifications in inspection plan

Edited by: Jayashankardm on Jan 6, 2010 10:15 PM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Furthermore after checking the quality,based on the quality specifications customer is finalised.

Based on this comment in your question, my understanding is that at the time of the quality inspection, you don't really know who the customer is going to be. Once quality is completed, you then select the correct batch of material for the customer depending on what country the customer is in. Is this correct? I am also assuming you must be batch managed since other wise you would have no way of tracking the differences between different production runs. So I am assuming batch management. Is that correct?

If so, then I see two options for you.

1) batch search strategies which allow the customer service people to select batches based on specific customer requirements.

See this link to get started: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/25/283ab94f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm

2) Multiple specifications. This is new functionality in 6.0 that allows you to set up specs in an inspection plan that basiclly pre-approve the batch for a particular customer or country. A lot of of the SAP documentation on this references the country scenario that you describe.

See this link to get started: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/07/a82442f53cde2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Inspecting with a type 10 is not really practical since when you assign the batch it is a roll of the dice as to if that batch will met that customers requirements. You might have to inspect 2 or 3 batches before you find one that works. That would be a nightmare.

I'd look into these two above solutions first I think.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this can be acheived by the QP01>material assignment>here assign the customer for.

depending upon the customer & group counter you can assign different material specifications.

This can be achievd by dependent char specs in the task list.

0 Kudos

Thanks!!

When you say dependent charcteristics in task list ,does it mean that assigning MIC in the inspection plan.

So if there are two customer with different specifications I need to put two MIC's for two different group counters in the task list.

Further I need to activate inspection type 10 or 11 (Delivery for a customer with order or without order, right?).

So when I create outbound delivery against a SO for particular customer if the quality standards meet as per that customer's specification then only that material will be picked else will not be picked??

Am I right?

Please carify ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer the thread

this will ans your querries.

Also only Inspection type 10 will solve your perpose.Check the usage of the inspection type 10 in task list QP01 ,I think its 6.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

You can maintain different specification for a single material according to customers in inspection plan. Go to inspection plan header. There click on material assignment. Here u can maintain specifications customerwise for a single material.

Regards

Amit