cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform - table width problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to display 37 columns in my smartforms as a Table. In that, 31 fields are DAY (day 1 to day 31). I want to display the material quantity in those DAY fields. Apart from taht, i want to display material number, material description, etc., in other columns.

The problem here is, the width of 31 columns is. 0.5 C.M. But the quantity value can be in 2 or 3 digits. So, the data will be lost.

So, pls suggest me how to increase teh width of the smartform so that i can display all details without data loss.

Also tell me, what is the maximum width we can set for a Table in smartform.

Regards,

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The maximim width of a table is the width of the window it is in. The maximum width of a window is the width of the page.

To fit 37 columns across a page you almost certainly need to use landscape page orientation, then you will need to consider a smaller font so narrower columns can be used. You may also want to consider spliting the line into multiple rows, for example; Material no / Descripition on the first row, then Day 1 to 15 on the next row, and 16 to 31 on the last.

The true limit for a form is the size of the page, and the readability of the font used. Form design is about working in these limitations to provide the required data in a usable format.

Regards,

Nick