Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Condition is different while refering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SD Gurus,

In my client place they are refering contract document for sale orders. They are changing the shipping conditions manually in the contract document. While refering for sales order the shipping condition is picking from only the customer master. It is not taking from the contract document. The requiremnt is to pick from the contract document.

Guide me gurus

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the suggestion to use shipping condition from sales doc type is only relevant if you always use same shipping condition for contract. My guess is caller wants the shipping condition that is set manually in each contract document to copy to subsequent release orders. In this case should do it by the copy control.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose, you are using Order Type ZOR as Release Order from Contract.

Whatever Shipping condition available in the Contract, assign the same to ZOR in VOV8.

System first searches the Sales document type for Shipping condition. If no Shipping Condition is found in the Sales document type then only it takes the Shipping condition from the Customer master.

So, system will consider the Shipping condition that you will assign in ZOR.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you maintain shipping condition in both i.e. in Customer Master and Sales Document Type, system first searches Shipping Condition in Customer master and proposes the same in Sales Order / Contract even if you maintain it in Sales Document Type. When you dont maintain Shipping Condition in Customer Master and maintain in Sales Document Type then system proposes it from Sales Document type.

System gives priority to Customer master then to sales document type.

You can try this and post your feedback.

IF you want shipping condition to be proposed from Sales Document type (Contract) then either dont maintain it in the customer master or change it manually in the contract / sales order

hope this helps you

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar Wagh ,

First Preference for Shipping conditions is from Sales Document Type and then from the customer master data.

F1 help for Shipping conditions in Sales Document Types

Shipping conditions

Specifies the shipping conditions that apply to this type of sales

document.

Use

The system proposes shipping conditions from the customer master record

The proposal from the customer master record is overwritten by the

shipping conditions that you define for a particular sales document typ

in Customizing. The entry from Customizing is considered as a default

value. If no shipping conditions are set in Customizing for the sales

document type, the shipping conditions of the sold-to party are used.

Example

You could, for example, specify different shipping conditions for-

free-of-charge deliveries.

Regards

senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am really sorry. what senya has said is completely right. Later i came to know i entered incorrectly.

System gives priority to Sales Doc. type and then customer master

Kindly ignore my first post.

Sorry once again

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shipping conditions comes from 2 places.

1.Sold to party(customer master data ).

2.Sales document type.

If maintained in both the places prefernce will be given to document type.

So try with the Contract Doc Type (VOV8 tcode) and set the Shipping Conditions there.

Regrads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In a sales order, by default the system picks up the shipping conditions from customer master.

If the shipping conditions are maintained in sales doc type in VOV8, then that will take precedence. Same will be copied into delivery (as written in copy control routines from OR to LF).

In your case if you want to copy shipping conditions from contract to sales order, code it in the copy control routine in VTAA from contract to order.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if Shipping Condition is also maintained in sales order type and is it the same as maintained in customer master record.

Ideally execute the transaction in debug mode and do the analysis. Also analyse copy control settings along with an Abaper.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka